Join now - be part of our community!

Where is Jelly Bean for Xperia Tablet S?

profile.country.GR.title
reptile64

Where is Jelly Bean for Xperia Tablet S?

No word from Sony on when our beloved but so problematic Tablet will receive the 4.1 or 4.2 update!! It's unstable! Really unstable and sometimes reboots itself, browsing is a torture, WiFi looses it's signal, many problems from lots of people not only me! Do something Sony! Support your €429 4 months old Tablet or stop releasing such devices! Even Koreans do it better! Pfff!!!

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

Q1 is apearntly in late april may

source to proof and upset you guy's some more.

i wish it was late march early april that would have been least acceptable.

http://i46.tinypic.com/nl9biq.jpg

Zerokewl

Consuwijzer just called they taking this verry serious, hopefully this puts a end to these marketing schemes promising stuff can't deliver.

profile.country.it_IT.title
gianluca1989
Visitor

I think that all the situation is unacceptable. I bought this tablet instead of an Asus thinking that they would have given to this tablet the best support since it was the last one. The tablet was a failure from the start: it wasn't water proof so i had to sent it back but it took a month bacause they didn't have all components. Jelly bean was suppoused to be released after september but after almost 6 month no news. Now ALL (not just one) Asus last models have JB and even Samsung has updated her tablets (with lots of customization; Sony offers almost nothing). Moreover the optimization of ICS with this tablet suck: it freezes and reboots. And don't forget about the wi-fi issues that they had even in the previous tablet. Now they will abandon this tablet like they did with the previous one. I won't buy a tablet or a phone from sony ever again.

Zerokewl

sony has some cheap budget phone's with jelly bean, apearntly thats more important then releasing jelly bean for quite decent 1 year old tablet s1.

not to mention still waiting with the xperia tablet s also, this is't good at all for sony's reputation and i doubt they ever gonna sell many tablets at all with this attitude.

profile.country.es_ES.title
jhurleston
Visitor

No me soprendo, que no tienen respuesta aquellos quien esten escribiendo aqui en Ingles, como decimos los Ingleses, Cuando en Roma hay que hacer que hacen los Romanos.

Egual, hare que puedo.

La maquinita no esta tan mal, no tengo tantos problemas, como los demas, seria porque trato mi tecnologia con respeto y no lo lleno con tanto basura, no Intento remperlo, etc.

No han dado una fecha aun, hoy en dia se llama Marketing de Espera.

No saveis, que la mejores cosas tarden mas tiempo!

Zerokewl

Ellos realmente han dado una fecha tardía mayo abril

No sé españoles Acabo de utilizar traductor Google

Hope you can understand't

for others i just told him the update is planed for late april may.

i don't known spanish i just used google translate

Message was edited by: Zerokewl

profile.country.da_DK.title
Rod1983
Visitor

I agree with most you guys in here. I really hope that the Jelly Bean update will come in april-may or else I will be very dissapointed in Sony. If this is not going to be happening then I can't understand the new strategy. With the announcement of the PS4 Sony is focusing on multiple platforms but this will contradict the everything if they don't "maintain and keep up to date" their premium products. Now don't get me wrong I love my newly purchased tablet but I will be very dissapointed if this is not going to be updateded. Especially for us here in Skandinavia how buying this ting for more than 3000 Danish Kroner (DKK). That's a lot of money for most us up here...

cheers a new member and new owner of a xperia tablet s

profile.country.es_ES.title
jhurleston
Visitor

When I previously wrote in Spanish, it was because the text all around was in Spanish, which led me to believe that I was in a Spanish forum, I apologise for writing in Spanish.

When some one say's to me that "Jelly Bean" will be available on the 31st March 2013, then that is a date, when it will be ready, but, saying around March or April, is not a "Date" its more of an expected time period, which ofcourse can still change.

Today "Marketing is done with rumors" for the hype! Sony want to try to do a good job, I would preffer they take the time they need to do it perfect.

The Tablet is not that bad as some people are trying to indicate or would you preffer Sony come out with something in bad condition, so some of you can complain all over again.

My tablet does everything I need it to do and more, I can connect to my home directly, to my iMac and I can do all the work I need to do on it, I can look after my web businness, talk to all my friends, catch up with the news while listening to my music, write documents, edit my photos. It made my Acer (Ubuntu) laptop reduntant in one day.

Come on Guys, why not talk about what your looking forward to, like LTE or voice recognition or all the lovely thing it can do.

"Good job" Sony I love the Xperia Tablet S and I think the Xperia T is amazing, especially the small apps, how useful they are.

Zerokewl

Zerokewl