Join now - be part of our community!

Which tablet!

kesykes45
New

Which tablet!

Hi all,

I currently have an e-book reader, but am looking to purchase a tablet, that I would be able to transfer my e-reader library to.

Before doing this, I wondered if youhad any recommendations as to which one to get?

Thanks

K

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi “kesykes45”

Tablets and e-readers are not the same thing, in order to compare them…

Tablets can “navigate” very fast in web, can get ton of apps, colored images and movies etc.etc…. But they are backlighted screens as PC’s monitors.

For me is quite impossible read a bestseller ebook on a tablet. It’s quite impossible read outside with the sun or when dark and after one hour of continuing reading my eyes….

I have both (tablet and e-reader) and I use both.

- Reading ebooks only with e-reader. More comfortable for my eyes and battery last long.

- Reading Magazines or Scientific Manuals on tablet and sometimes on e-reader.

- All rest (navigate, gaming etc.) only on tablet

Ps

- Tablets can do all that an e-reader does (buy ebooks, be authorized with Adobe ID, “read” all type of ebooks…) except a comfortable and “long lasting” reading

- All tablets (Sony, Samsung, Apple,… and all models) are tablets and not real e-readers.

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

All depends what e-reader you have.  if it's a Kindle then yes you can, simply download their app onto your Xperia and login.  I'm not sure if it's the same with Kobo or knook.

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi kee-lo_

I don’t think that there is a problem to find an app in order to buy, transfer and/or read ebooks on any Tablet.

Here is the app for Sony’s Reader Store: Sony Reader Store - Apps

And here is Kobo’s Desktop (free Kobo eReading Apps):   Kobo - Apps

And here for Nook: Nook mobile - Apps

And, and, ….

The problem, for me, is that there’re too many persons to think or to say, that one can use a Tablet as an e-Reader device.

NO. For me, it's not true.

A Tablet can do anything an e-Reader device does, except a comfort reading!!!

It’s because a Tablet is not a real e-Reader device!!!

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)