Join now - be part of our community!

Android 10 update breaks the connection with bluetooth 5.0 earpods

Tony-TBB
Visitor

Android 10 update breaks the connection with bluetooth 5.0 earpods

I've started to use FIIL T1 X for about 3 months ago. Yesterday I installed the android 10 update (Hong Kong version), and T1 X was not able to connect since then.

I tried to factory reset the phone and it didn't help.

T1 X could connect to my laptop, and WI-C600N (Bluetooth 4.2) could connect to Xperia 1, so I assume only bluetooth 5.0 devices have such an issue.

BTW

How could Sony not give any decent backup solution?

And why the phone reminds me to install Xperia companion while the functions are abandoned anyway?

I also had the issue that recent apps interface was not able to open in third part launchers, this was solved by a factory reset.

15 REPLIES 15
MikeB84
Visitor

I received the Android 10 update last night and no issues noted so far other than this. Unable to connect my Bluetooth 5 headphones. Tried forgetting them and pairing them again with no joy. My old set connected immediately, no issues. 

Not the biggest problem for me personally and hopefully something that'll get sorted in the next software update but seems to be another minor glitch affecting one or two.

RuneJ
Contributor

Just to make sure; You did manage to set the headphones in paring-mode as well?Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

MikeB84
Visitor

Yep. Unpaired both to be sure. No issues with the older set - paired again in seconds. 

Bluetooth 5 set are recognised initially - try to pair, then the headphones shut themselves off due to inactivity as is normal. One device doesn't seem to be recognising the other somewhere along the way. 

RuneJ
Contributor

You could try to change the Bluetooth AVRCP protocol version one step down to see if that helps. (You need to put phone in developer-mode and then you can change the AVRCP-setting).

It is default 1.6, try 1.5 or 1.4 to see if that improves things.

I have had no issues with connecting to Sony headsets after the upgrade to Android 10, but that is probably expected.

MikeB84
Visitor

Cheers for that. I'm not that desperate yet so I'll probably ride it out for one or two software updates to see if it gets resolved otherwise take a look and report back. 

Steoffal
Visitor

I have tried the above - changed to Developer Mode and changed the Bluetooth AVRCP settings back to 1.3 and no joy. I have Anker Soundbud Curve Wireless Earphones which are less than 4 months old and up until the update paired seemlessly - switch them on and they connected straightaway with my phone. I have forgotten all Bluetooth devices on my phone. Reset the paired devices on the Earphones but all I get when trying to pair them now is pairing........ Until the Earphones timeout. The Earphones connect with no issues to other devices - multiple iPads but not my phone. Help!

LZE
Visitor

I noticed this too.
Bluetooth pairing worked fine with the current earbuds I'm using, as soon as I upgraded, they worked fine until I factory reset the phone due to XPERIA Home crashing after updating to android 10.
Now I can't pair to the same earbuds.

After constant searching for answers, I just assumed my earbuds were broken, so I ordered the same pair again, exactly the same issue. They don't pair.
At this point, it had to be my Xperia.
So I found out about developer options.
Changed the version from 1.4 through all the options. Absolutely nothing.

The obvious conclusion is that the Android 10 update has clearly broken connectivity.
And it's a massive hindrance.

Keeping an eye out on this page for updates.

Maxcol
Visitor

Same problem with me.

Xperia 1 bought in USA with Android 9. I was using my earbuds Boltune without any issue, as well as my Bose SoundLink II. Since I update to Android 10 not possible anymore to pair the earbuds despite all recommendations previously mentioned. However I can still connect to my Bluetooth Bose speakers SoundLink II.

Waiting for an update, I don't want to send my phone to Sony and wait 2 months for a bull**bleep** answer.

Did Sony communicate anything concerning this matter?

LZE
Visitor

Still no respresentative acknowledging the issue.
Imo, this breaks my xperia 1 as a daily driver.