Join now - be part of our community!

Camera issues

azzido
Enthusiast

Camera issues

Hi, I would like to collect all camera issues and possible improvements that was spotted so far:

1. 4k video recording stabilization is horrible, causing screen tearing, lags and focus problems.

2. No stabilization in Cinema Pro recording is a shame since it is sony's most advertised mode

We have ois now, why not make use of it?

3. No promised pictures in 21:9 dimension!

4. Many times 2x zoom is not using optical zoom but digital zoom instead

5. Camera launch and switching between all 3 sensors is slow, saving picture is slow too

6. No 4k 60fps mode

7. Light sources at night should be more muted since it is causing flare effect.

8. HDR mode is weak

9. Occasional camera crashes

Did someone found anything else?

60 REPLIES 60
Korben-Dallas
Visitor

When I tried camera app for a few first times (after unpacking the phone) it simply launched to black screen. No controls, no nothing. Just plain black screen. I.e. the camera did not work at all. Either the app did not lauch properly or the hardware did not initialize properly. This problem is reported with many models of Sony phones, BTW.

However, the issue seems to have cleared itself up without me doing anything. Now it appears that camerta lauches properly every time. I'll keep an eye and see if the issue reappears.

profile.country.GB.title
Sensination
Contributor

Completely agree with all your points. It's especially disappointing to not have 4K 60FPS...

kibet85
Visitor

Not even suprised...about it. add..weak dynamic range, poor bokeh rendering, add proper stabilization in 4k video and a dedicated nightmode would be preferred

saurus3009
Visitor

me too

Visitor

Not properly functioning for video recording 

Visitor

The camera will turn of temporary due to overheating

q310550690
Visitor

Video stabilizer seems to be only available at 1080p 30fps

ToffenDask1
Visitor

I'm definitely not a photographer, but my wife has been very vocal about how *awful* the shots I contribute to the family Google Photos collection have been since I started using my Xperia 1 - and this is me coming from a puny Xperia XZ1 in the past. I might have a lemon, but interesting to see how others are finding the camera