Join now - be part of our community!

Charging so slowly up to andorid 10

kisana
Visitor

Charging so slowly up to andorid 10

Hi!

I updated yesterday. Battery charging is too late My charger is a fast charger up to 20V. I hope this will be fixed by a quick update

16 REPLIES 16
Tony-TBB
Visitor

My xiaomi powerbank 3 (pd 45w ver) cannot charge my phone via type-C connector after Android 10 upgrade. Type A connector works fine.

Really weird.

Yekollu
Contributor

The current line up of Xperia phones  1 & 5 (and almost all Android phones in the future) do not support fast charging instead we have something USB Power delivery. The phone will charge with normal speed when you use a Fast Charger

Tony-TBB
Visitor

But the same powerbank and the same cable worked perfectly in all previous Android 9 versions.☹️

RuneJ
Contributor

By using the included charger to the phone, I notice no change/difference in charging behaviour from Android 9 to Android 10. Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

Tony-TBB
Visitor

Does it support PD charging?

My problem only appears when using xiaomi power bank.

PD charger using AC power still works as fast-charge.

RuneJ
Contributor

You will probably have to check with Xiaomi to verify if it supports appropriate PD-protocol, etc.

xenite5
New

I use original Sony chargers from my previous Sony phones all original and having the same issue. The only thing that works is the charger I have got with Xperia 1 which is nonsense. 

I never use other brands or non official chargers or cables. And it was working perfectly with android 9.

PsYCOW
Visitor

@Yekollu wrote:

The current line up of Xperia phones  1 & 5 (and almost all Android phones in the future) do not support fast charging instead we have something USB Power delivery. The phone will charge with normal speed when you use a Fast Charger

Yes but people are having trouble with PD with android 10, i have issues with my power bank since the android 10 update.

PsYCOW
Visitor

@Tony-TBB wrote:

Does it support PD charging?

My problem only appears when using xiaomi power bank.

PD charger using AC power still works as fast-charge.

The xaomi 3 power bank does support pd and qc3.0 but since xperia 1 updated to android 10 something has been broken, the power bank doesn't update so its the sony.