Join now - be part of our community!

Charging so slowly up to andorid 10

kisana
Visitor

Charging so slowly up to andorid 10

Hi!

I updated yesterday. Battery charging is too late My charger is a fast charger up to 20V. I hope this will be fixed by a quick update

16 REPLIES 16
RuneJ
Contributor

There are different versions of PD.

If the Xperia 1 works/charges fine with the original charger, the phone is not the problem.Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

PsYCOW
Visitor

@RuneJ wrote:

There are different versions of PD.

If the Xperia 1 works/charges fine with the original charger, the phone is not the problem.Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

Ahh, so have they revised the PD protocol version in the update? 

I got the usb monitor working from the power bank to the xperia 1 and it starts at 5v, then 9v then 11v then cuts out and disconnects & turns off then repeats.  I'm kinda thinking the power bank might be glitches. Type a ports work but at 5v.

Tony-TBB
Visitor

Exactly the same! It's so annoying!

SM32
Visitor

Are you just making a guess? There are only version 2 and version 3 and they are fully compatible forward and backward. If you are talking on behalf of Sony, please provide more detail.

profile.country.ro_RO.title
Copacu
Visitor

I have 4 usb type C phones in my house. 3 huawei and 1 sony xperia 1.  Until this morning i could charge eneryone with any charger. After android 10 upg sony work only with original charger. Is the first time i see that. Now i'll have problems charging it in my car or at work because it won't work.with the chargers i already bought.

RuneJ
Contributor

Seems to be some sort of a cleanup or tightening of the support for non-standard PD-versions:

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-new-android-devices-type-c-support-usb-pd/ 

This will require OEM-manufacturers to shape up. Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

PsYCOW
Visitor

@RuneJ wrote:

Seems to be some sort of a cleanup or tightening of the support for non-standard PD-versions:

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-new-android-devices-type-c-support-usb-pd/ 

This will require OEM-manufacturers to shape up. Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

I hope so. I bought a new power bank Romoss 30+, same issue, but it charges off the original xperia 1 charger in PD mode, just won't hold steady when charging xperia 1 off the Romoss.