Join now - be part of our community!

Constantly locking screen every few seconds

profile.country.GB.title
SteelCityKeego
New

Constantly locking screen every few seconds

Hello I have an Xperia 1 still running android 9 and the past couple days it has locked the screen by its self a few times, then yesterday its doing it every few seconds or sometimes as soon as the screen unlocks it locks again as soon as I go to do anything, also when laid by its self unused it lights the screen up and shuts back off and does the same on off draining battery. The phone as far as I'm aware hasn't shut down and rebooted its self but I have held down the power button and volume rocker till I get the 3 vibrations to reset it.

Did that several times and its still got a mind of its own. 

I'm thinking of factory reset or software repair if you guys don't have a solution that stops me  backing up gigs of stuff - Kind regards John

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Sounds like an app.

Have your tried the phone in safe mode.

If it doesn't do it there, then it's an app you have installed, that is causing issues.

profile.country.GB.title
SteelCityKeego
New

Thanks for the reply.... I have tried safe mode and  the problem still persists, what should I do, attempt a factory reset or software repair if that is still available on the pc program these days? 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

I would try a reset if possible.

If the software repair is available you could try that first, as it won't delete all your data.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @SteelCityKeego 

I'll put my bet on the power button. I saw this error before with minor water leak due to sweat near the place the phone rests next to your ear (not with Xperia 1 though as its power key is not pressable). Try all the software solutions (factory reset and/or software repair) and if you see this issue after those then it's most probably a hardware issue.

profile.country.GB.title
SteelCityKeego
New

I have Factory reset it , Updated it  , Software Repair and it still doing it .  Sometimes it will go 30 mins not a problem , then it will lock and unlock 30 or 40 times within 10 mins or say ''cover detected''  when there isn't a cover on the phone, and when i put a cover on the phone it doesn't shut off when the cover is closed like its supposed to so i think it could be the cover sensor. 

Its in contract with Voda and i got it upon release , What do i need to do to get it fixed  - Contact Voda ? 

Hopefully upon inspection it doesn't behave good as gold for them 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@SteelCityKeego 

Ok this is a good bit of info, might be the magnetic sensor then. I don't know how your warranty terms go so you might start with calling Voda.