Join now - be part of our community!

Does Xperia 1 not support the Xperia Transfer Mobile or Xperia Companion?

Zackbuks
Visitor

Does Xperia 1 not support the Xperia Transfer Mobile or Xperia Companion?

I can't think of Sony's cost savings to such a point, even the most basic change assistant function has been canceled. Now I can't use any software to copy the content (so many precious photos, videos, music) and contacts, schedules, etc. on my old phone to Xperia 1. Whether it's Xperia Transfer Mobile or Xperia Companion, they all don't support it! Whether it is as big as Apple, Samsung, Huawei, or as small as One Plus, Meizu, they are trying to improve the basic function of the replacement assistant, you even cut it! Dare to ask how the continuity of product use is reflected? Since you rely on Google so much, do you just do Pixel directly, and what else does Xperia do? #Xperia1 微信图片_20190613231423.jpg

微信图片_20190613231427.jpg

微信图片_20190613231429.jpg

微信图片_20190613231431.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
roerisigold
Visitor

I also had the same problem with Xperia companion, but by downloading the latest version 2.5.20 I solved it.

I am having the same problem as Zackbuks dispite having installed the latest version (2.5.2.0) even on thwo different computers.

The transfer with Google works, but it only copies what is stored on Google backup - no files, photos or videos!

The suggestion by Sony to transfer it via Google Drive is ridiculous because you have to pay for more than 10 GB.

You also lose every file date while copying it via PC and it's quite slow (because all XPERIA won't be recognized as USB 3.x devices by Windows) and uncomfortable too.

I have a € 1000 phone in front of me, spent the whole day with configuring and trying everything to get my data from my XZ to the 1 and still can't use it!

It's really sad that Sony can't handle such fundamental things like transferring data from a not that old phone to their newest!

I'm 5 minutes short to send it back and never ever buy a Sony again (this was my 10th i guess including SonyEricsson)!

That's simply the best on iPhone that you can restore everything exactly like it was on your old phone. I REALLY envy iPhone users because of that!

Maybe someone has a solution?

I don't think Sony support is reading here a lot (or at all)?

azzido
Enthusiast

@Villaco wrote:

I am having the same problem as Zackbuks dispite having installed the latest version (2.5.2.0) even on thwo different computers.

The transfer with Google works, but it only copies what is stored on Google backup - no files, photos or videos!

The suggestion by Sony to transfer it via Google Drive is ridiculous because you have to pay for more than 10 GB.

You also lose every file date while copying it via PC and it's quite slow (because all XPERIA won't be recognized as USB 3.x devices by Windows) and uncomfortable too.

I have a € 1000 phone in front of me, spent the whole day with configuring and trying everything to get my data from my XZ to the 1 and still can't use it!

It's really sad that Sony can't handle such fundamental things like transferring data from a not that old phone to their newest!

I'm 5 minutes short to send it back and never ever buy a Sony again (this was my 10th i guess including SonyEricsson)!

That's simply the best on iPhone that you can restore everything exactly like it was on your old phone. I REALLY envy iPhone users because of that!

Maybe someone has a solution?

I don't think Sony support is reading here a lot (or at all)?

Agree, among the others issue with such fundamental feature like data transfer from older device was really not expected Slightly_frowning_Face

They messed up transferring completely, seems noone was testing it.

Nathaniel
Visitor

I ended up copying everything to micro SD card then just putting that in the Xperian1, I forgot the photos so just transferred those using Bluetooth.

Anders86
Visitor

Did any of you work out how to transfer SMS messages?

Nathaniel
Visitor

Mine transferred over using Xperia transfer.

gustavmahler
Visitor

I would like to join the ranks of the annoyed.

I have a Sony Xperia XZ Premium backup on my laptop and cannot transfer it to my new Xperia 1.

profile.country.DE.title
digitalray

same here.. even with 2.5.3.0

fehlerfehler

profile.country.DE.title
digitalray

it does officially not support the xperia 1 anymore.

i just talked to sony support and they told me it was an internal decision that the xperia one would not be supported anymore by xperia companion for xperia transfer mobile.

they told me to use google backup or an sd card or third party apps.

nothing more to say here.