Join now - be part of our community!

Ouch Xperia 1 - DXOmark results

profile.country.SE.title
TobiasHedlund
Explorer

Ouch Xperia 1 - DXOmark results

This is really bad, the Xperia 1 is supposed to be a premium camera phone BUT it performs like a midrange camera phone! 

https://www.dxomark.com/sony-xperia-1-camera-review/

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

ah dxomark,

I wouldn't worry about it, they don't seem to know what they are doing with the camera, and the list it's on...pff...just look at the phones, and check their hardware, utterly pointless list/article/score.

Optical vs Digital zoom..hmmm

And isn't that the site that reconfigured the test to account for the iphones camera, with the test for the XZPremium and therefore lowered the scores!!

The backlit face...not much difference between Sony and Samsung..yet the Samsung is very dark, and the Sony is quite well lit?!?!?

And also this: 

" DxOMark engineers capture and evaluate over 1500 test images and more than 2 hours of video both in controlled lab environments and in natural indoor and outdoor scenes, using the camera’s default settings"

But no exif data available?!

Fantastic, a score based on Auto mode and no Cinema Pro ..Pile_of_Poo

kelvinyang
Visitor

FULLY AGREE!

azzido
Enthusiast

I also agree with the results.

It's on pair with what xperia 1 is capable of. 

And it's all defects and missing functions.

For me most disappointing is picture quality, still overblown light sourcs at night and lack od 21:9 mode...

profile.country.GB.title
pauphill3
Explorer

The camera software is a complete mess. I'm going to complain to Sony.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Whatever THEY say is not important to me (in many aspects)

As long as I am happy with my purchase, wheter it is a bike, a phone or whatever.

Live life, live happy!

ds2mph
Visitor

Best Exmor RS

Worst image processing

Worst Camera app

azzido
Enthusiast

Meanwhile, hujawei has has 1/1.55" sensor size! Probably biggest in smartphone world, same with Nokia, started including big sensors to improve quality. 

Sony and its small sensors...

ds2mph
Visitor

Next year Xperia flagships will probably have 1/1.7" 12MP Motion Eye sensor according to the famous leaker Winking_Face not sure whether it follows 18mm standard(in this case bigger than Huawei Mate 30 Pro) or 16mm standard.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Who cares about DXOMark? They are a paid for service .

However in fairness I agree the Sony Camera software is a mess, if only they had concentrated on still photography to the same length as motion video.

Still no stabilisation fix for 1080 p with HDR and 4K with and without HDR.

The six month release cycle is killing Sony internationally, I woudl suggest a nine month one at least to allow Sony to sort out issues like thi.s

On other thoughts if Sony Alpha were involved then surely they would have bug-tested the out of the x1 software?

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King