Join now - be part of our community!

Pro Apps Unusable In Sunlight

profile.country.GB.title
GrumpyCyborg

Pro Apps Unusable In Sunlight

The user interface with orange highlights is unusable in sunlight. Even the white highlights seem lost. The builtin Android however can be used. The interface for these two PRO apps needs  an option to invert the colours. With summer here and the phone out this is going to create a bad feeling very quickly amongst early buyers like me. I can't use one of the biggest selling features of the phone in sunlight.

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

It might be best to contact Xperia support here.

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Is Adaptive Brightness ON?

It should be for bright sunlight, as it goes over the 100% brightness to enable use in bright light.

profile.country.DE.title
BBEN66

Adaptive Brightness turned on, using it outside in sunny weather heats the device so much up that the known message pops up. Think the use-time was about 13 to 15 minutes, image shooting. But even with that full brightness, I had problems composing the image because still too dimm 😞

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

It is a known issue :slight_smile: the overall brightness is not very high. Even normal use looks like enerysaving in sunlight.

But the ProApps with their design gets unusable. 

A change between dark/bright mode of the app will help a lot, but the app did not change :grin: poor softwaredevelopement.

profile.country.DE.title
BBEN66

Yep, seems that some "new generation" guys @ Sony have taken the league...some from the greenhorn league :wink:

But that's worldwide problem, mostly young people with ideas but no practicals sense...