Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 ii Android 12 glitch

aadirizvi
New

Xperia 1 ii Android 12 glitch

Hey guys,

I'm facing a frustrating problem after updating to Android 12 on my Xperia 1 XQ-AT52. Most Google apps plus Whatsapp and Camera takes a lifetime to open. Camera is creating a lot of problems while clicking pictures and opening them in Google photos. Can anyone suggest any solution to get rid of this? Repair the software or wait for the next monthly patch? 

2 REPLIES 2
Piscie
Community Team

@aadirizvi, it seems to be a software glitch. You can try the following as a workaround: Settings > apps > Xperia Home > Storage & Cache > manage space > OK followed by a forced restart by holding the Power and Volume+ simultaneously.

profile.country.GB.title
Corruptedminds

If you've updated to Android 12 the first thing to do would be updating apps on the play store to ensure they are optimized.

Notice this isn't the case for the camera app, so I would force stop the camera app and clear the cache. It may be worth doing the same for the Google photos app (ensure it's the latest version as well as there's been a few improvements done to it).

You can also open the photos app and set it up to not use your google account (from the top right menu), then reboot it and add it back on, let it sync again, do whatever it needs to do.