Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 II; Availiability Switzerland ?

profile.country.CH.title
damiver
New

Xperia 1 II; Availiability Switzerland ?

Good day to everyone 

I`am not sure if this is the right channel for my question, but it seems to be the most appropriate to  me for so far !

My question is actually an economical one; I heard that Sony isn`t intending to bring the Xperia 1 II on the Switzerland market ! 

Is this true ?  And if yes, why for ? 

I`m conscious about the fact, that Switzerland is a small market, but it`s  a Flagship phone with a corresponding price tag ( I don`t say it`s to expensive ) but I think in the Swiss market, the price in comparison to others, wouldn`t be  a huge problem, people that want to buy it, are able to do so ....and so this small market gains a bit in its meaning !...

I`am just wondering, why Sony want to waste it`s market shares to other brands, it will be difficult to regain lost shares I guess !?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

profile.country.CH.title
damiver
New

Thank you for your efforts :slight_smile:

I already was on this site as well, it shows 0 devices in stock and an unknown delivery date as well ! ; 

It also informs in another section ( https://www.digitec.ch/de/page/highlights-im-juli-neue-smartphones-von-unbekannt-bis-luxus-16954 ) that Sony doesen`t intend  to officially release their current Flagship-Phone, in Switzerland and it slowly but steady really seems to me, that they indeed won`t  do so ! 

I am-/ was just confused about this decision;  They created such a nice completly and competitve package ! But then they don`t officially release it ,so it won`t be on display in any store on display where it could catch attention of potential customers  ! 

I will get a phone as I am not to lazy to organize by myself, but I just think, that it`s a pitty when sony wastes it`s market shares to the competitors this way !
People don`t buy what is not there, what is not on display !  So I can`t understand their decision seen from an economical viewpoint !