Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 II Chrome Video Stutter

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
timrowe
Explorer

Xperia 1 II Chrome Video Stutter

Anybody else having issues with video stutter on the latest version of Chrome? Tried various remedies; clearing cache, user data, flags, uninstall. Limiting the running version to 87.0.4280.141 (factory default) solves the problem. Just very out of date. I am very reluctant to reset the phone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
timrowe
Explorer

Latest build of android, 58.1.A.5.330 (just installed) and the latest version of Chrome now work perfectly. In regard to the above, the fault was consistent across all versions of Chrome i.e. beta, canary, etc..

I was also not wanting to reset a phone and go through the hassle of setting it up again, Google authentication etc...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there,

Can you try to download another browser and check if the same thing will happen or not ?

profile.country.GB.title
timrowe
Explorer

The latest versions of Firefox, Opera, and Edge work perfectly. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did the factory data reset fixed the issue with chrome permanently ?

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

No doubt another chrome glitch. Can you try downloading the chrome beta or canary and see if the issues persist on the pre-release versions.... If they work fine, then an update will be coming that fixes it on chrome stable release.

profile.country.GB.title
timrowe
Explorer

Latest build of android, 58.1.A.5.330 (just installed) and the latest version of Chrome now work perfectly. In regard to the above, the fault was consistent across all versions of Chrome i.e. beta, canary, etc..

I was also not wanting to reset a phone and go through the hassle of setting it up again, Google authentication etc...