Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 III Android 12 update notification disappeared

SOLVED
profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Xperia 1 III Android 12 update notification disappeared

Hello;

I have a Xperia 1 III costumized EEA, four days ago I received the notification for the latest firmware update (Android 12- 61.1.A.1.149), I didn´t update right away because I wanted to see if there were any problems with it.

The problem is that last night the notification disappeared and now it is telling me that the system is updated and that there is no new version available. I also tried to update with Xperia Companion but it also says that my phone is up to date.

Is anyone else with the same problem? Does anyone know how can I get the update back now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

I was just now chating with Sony Mobile Support and the assistant confirmed me that the update was pulled out for the engineers to work on it and release it again without bugs. Just have to wait.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

I was just now chating with Sony Mobile Support and the assistant confirmed me that the update was pulled out for the engineers to work on it and release it again without bugs. Just have to wait.
profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Also other users on Reddit reported me that they also lost the update notification, so I think it was really pulled out.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yes, I heard about the same thing and it seems that they're making an update to the release plan through the devices and I do believe that this is will give them a time to solve the bugs with the update before they release it.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

They're in need of beta testers.

Could prevent mishap and frustration.

Aelther
New

Did they give any expected release date?

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

No, as usual.  They simply said I have to wait untill it is released again.

Piscie
Community Team

As far as I'm aware they are currently working on it and it will be released very soon, no specific date tho.

jirka67
Explorer

Hi,

I have a new Xperia III for four weeks. An update came today, about Android 12 (CZE region)
Has anyone tried this new update?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I presume an update to Android 12 won't be launched if known problems haven't been solved.

Anyway, it's not a bad idea to wait one or two weeks before updating.

It strenghtens your willpower.