Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 iii - No Gmail notifications

profile.country.SE.title
joakim1024

Xperia 1 iii - No Gmail notifications

I am having some issues with gmail notifications on my new Xperia 1 iii.

Sometimes i do get the notifications, but most of the times i have to manually open the gmail app to see if i have new mail...

All notifications are set to ON in the app.

I have removed all battery saving features for Gmail.

After first install (moving everything to new phone automatically) i tried factory reset and installed everything from scratch manually.

Still no banana... 😞

Someone else having this issue?

26 REPLIES 26
lxndryng
New

I've been having the same issue since I had the 1st August 2021 Google Play system update. Prior to that, my notifications were working fine. I haven't managed to fix it.

profile.country.NO.title
Galleren
Explorer

I'm also this exact same issue. I need to restart my Xperia 1 III for Gmail notifications to start working again, which is far from optimal.

I would really appreciate a solution to this problem.

profile.country.SE.title
joakim1024

Thanks for confirming this is not just me.

Yes they need to solve this asap!

Not very fun to go from a cheap phone where everything works to a flagship phone where basic features do not 🤨

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I've not yet encountered this on my x1iii but will actively keep an eye out for the issue arising.

profile.country.SE.title
joakim1024

I got a system update yesterday which seems to have solved the problem.

(at least it has been working since yesterday evening) 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Ahh, that could well have sorted it then, I'll still keep an eye out, but hopefully the update has fixed it

profile.country.NO.title
Galleren
Explorer

I also got the system update, but the problem is still there sadly. I'm really at a loss atm, since I've tried everything. Uninstalling updates, reinstalling Gmail, checking all notification settings, clearing cache, turning off battery optimization etc.

It's really frustrating. If I restart the phone it works for about 3-5 hours before stopping again.

profile.country.SE.title
joakim1024

Yep... the problem is back again.... *sigh* 😞

profile.country.NO.title
Galleren
Explorer

It seems to be a Gmail app related issue in combination with Xperia 1 III. I downloaded the BlueMail app, and set it up with my Google account. Notifications for that work perfectly, and it as a good replacement for the Gmail app I think. 

At least it's a good alternative until the Gmail app issue is sorted.