Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 IV fingerprint scanner

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
Janne303

Xperia 1 IV fingerprint scanner

My 18 month fingerprint reader seems died on me on my X 1 IV...

Smart lock is a non existent thing in my phone so no the solution doesnt work. Not the restart either...It worked a month ago about 3 times to do the restart then after that... nothing... Not the restart in safemode either...

Fingerprint test says -> It cant be read and the registering  cancel due some "time limit has  achieved" in an half milisecond...

Just send to an servicepoint for replace of hardware???

I got grey hair for these kinds of error and YES im into all forums and Reddit...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.SE.title
Janne303

Hi.

Since ZERO response from Sony here (seems sony is sleeping...) I did send it to service that replaced the scanner free of charge (warranty)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.SE.title
Janne303

and no sony companion program seems to work with 1 IV..... 

profile.country.GB.title
Rol3290
Explorer

I have a same problem with my one. Did you fixed or any information?

profile.country.SE.title
Janne303

Hi.

Since ZERO response from Sony here (seems sony is sleeping...) I did send it to service that replaced the scanner free of charge (warranty)

profile.country.GB.title
Rol3290
Explorer

Bull*****......I not have other phone to do that, but I think some software make that mistake or maybe I wrong. What they said in repair shop? Changed automatically and that's it?

profile.country.SE.title
Janne303

Yeah the changed it and that was that haha. I waited until A14 to be released to rule out software so its a hardware thing. I had my sons Samsung A40 for two weeks 😞 haha

profile.country.UA.title
prostoBodya
Explorer

Hello. And after you changed scanner fingers. Touch ID is working?