Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 IV (XQ-CT72) data during calls on the same sim issues!

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Xperia 1 IV (XQ-CT72) data during calls on the same sim issues!

Hi users, please lend a hand to help others...

Xperia 1IV (XQ-CT72) has a physical dual sim capability. Yes it doesn't have dual active, but for this device on the same sim the internet data calling is problematic. See below!

1. When on sim 1 there is a setting option DATA DURING CALLS and while calling the internet data can be used for internet actions. But when on sim 2 even it's a more important sim than sim 1, the DATA DURING CALLS is missing in the sim settings and never being able to activate internet while calling.

2. The situation between sims is complicated to some users and very often the MOBILE DATA is changed from an operator to another sim 1 to sim 2 (changing often the payments, offers and others). What that means it must swap sims from its physical place or what?

Please help!

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

So it's no one using this crap device in such important matters, but some idiots like us?! That is an amazing reason to have a forum like this! Thank you!

profile.country.RO.title
gica2000
Explorer

I confirm what @ Alexandru Rai said, recently I noticed that I have the same problem on the phone and I thought I did something wrong

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Now they change the name of the brand than to listen to its die hard users. Nothing solved for the camera also. Shame!

profile.country.RO.title
gica2000
Explorer

it seems to be a software problem, it doesn't work with either dual sim or single sim, mobile data is deactivated at the time of the call. I used the same sim card on an xperia 1 V with android 14 and there are no problems. Let's hope that the switch to Android 14 will solve this problem

Screenshot_20240111-235542~3.png

profile.country.RO.title
gica2000
Explorer

unfortunately, the update to android 14 did not solve this problem.
I also changed the sim card to be sure that it is not from the card, but in vain