Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 media server?

Ash_9
Visitor

Xperia 1 media server?

Recently upgraded from xz1 to the new Xperia 1 and have come to discover the media server option from the connectivity menu is no more.

I would use this function a lot to watch videos stored on my phone on my TV, preferring this to using the cast or mirror options as they lag considerably with bad quality.

Will this feature be added in a later update? It's something I sorely miss in an otherwise great device.

2 REPLIES 2
disimes95
Contributor

Hi, @Ash_9 

You can mirroring the screen of your device to your TV by:

1. TV: Follow the instructions in the User guide of your TV to turn on the Screen mirroring function.
  2. Your device: Find and tap Settings > Device connection > Connection preferences > Screen mirroring.
  3. Tap START.
  4. Tap OK and select a device.

Please, be aware that your TV must support Screen mirroring. If your TV does not support Screen mirroring, you may need to purchase a wireless display adapter separately. Also, when using Screen mirroring, do not cover the Wi-Fi antenna area of your device.

RuneJ
Contributor

I think the initial poster wanted to not use mirror or cast functionality as it lagged and was of bad quality.

Perhaps the mediaserver-option (if it was there before) was removed due to requirements of copyrights or similar?

Perhaps a third party app will provide the functionality.