Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1VI camera auto mode needs fixing

profile.country.DE.title
jmposvip

Xperia 1VI camera auto mode needs fixing

To the Xperia 1VI camera software team: 

First of all, I really enjoy and love my Xperia 1VI. The screen is amazing, the battery life is best in a smartphone, the speakers are truly amazing....but there is two things I don't like about it: no stock gallery app and camera auto mode, especially for indoors. Disclaimer: I am not a professional photographer nor I use the photo pro mode. Point and shoot is what I use and need, like the other 99% of smartphone users.
My first Sony Ericsson phone was T68i and since then, I had many Sony Ericsson phones and Sony Xperia smartphones, so I would say that I am qualified to give some criticism.
- Auto mode:
The Xperia 1VI overexposes and underexposed too easily. The pictures are very neutral, bland and cold with no character to it. Many times the details in darker areas are completely gone, black. Auto mode should not be like this, if I want neutral pictures then the pro mode is there. Auto mode should have a character to it, give me the best results, they don't need to go crazy with computational photography like the pixels but to give us almost nothing? Food without salt and spices is also not tasty, where are the Xperia spices? This should not be like this, the Xperia team should ask the Xz2 camera Team for a advice. Huawei phones or OnePlus Open/Oppo find N3 have one of the best auto modes out there, Xperia Team should really take notes.
- Outdoors in good daylight I can get really good pictures but I need to make them 20% warmer with the temperature slider, so they don't look too cold.
- Here are some pictures against old Xperia and against Huawei.

I really love the 1VI but the Xperia team should really change their attitude towards auto mode. 

Sony Xperia Team, please update the auto mode, fix this!

1000044326.png

1000043908.jpg

0 REPLIES 0