Join now - be part of our community!

Android 11

profile.country.GB.title
Frogbad
New

Android 11

Since my xperia 10 ii updated to android 11 this morning I no longer have wifi calling,it was there and working on android 10

I have tried all the reboots, sim in/sim out carry on but no joy,the option to turn on wifi calling is simply not there anymore

I have been trying to find a solution all day

Anyone got any ideas??? 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Unfortunately the network adds the WiFi calling and VoLTE calling parts of the firmware as part of their firmware update.

Did you update direct through the notification, or did you flash a firmware?

profile.country.GB.title
Frogbad
New

It came up with a system update notification and I updated it

It looks like there is no going back so I will need to look at getting another phone

I think it's a poor show that an update can remove a much needed feature without me being given any choice in the matter

Poor poor show Sony

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Unfortunately as said earlier, the network will add the VoLTE and WiFi calling settings as part of their firmware config.

It would seem they either haven't added it or they might have found an issue with compatibility.

Speak to your network and report the issue, they might have an update planned that fixes it.

profile.country.GB.title
Frogbad
New

After much time on webchat and calls, vodafone are unwilling to accept it is anyone's fault but Sony, according to vodafone   if the option to turn on wifi calling is no longer available then the phone is no longer compatible with wifi calling......is there no one left in this world that actually gives a ***** about sorting a paying customers problem???

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It's really stressful I know, but call them back and request an updated internet config is sent to the device.

It should have came with the update, but if it was corrupted, reinstalling the network config file should fix it.

Reboot once installed and it should work.

It's definitely something that can be fixed Vodafone's side.

Good luck 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Frogbad, your Xperia 1 II is 100% compatible with WiFi calling, however, as said earlier in this thread, if the WiFi Calling option has disappeared from you phone, that means it needs to be activated from Vodafone's end. I'd actually recommend contacting  them again to enable it for you. Otherwise, try reaching out to the Sony support reps directly, any more digging in different places would just confuse things even more.