Join now - be part of our community!

Auto rotate problem

SOLVED
Ibby1
Visitor

Auto rotate problem

I'm not sure if it's the tallness of the phone or the software but sometimes the phone just doesn't go into landscape mode no matter how I turn it, it happens alot while watching videos especially prime video, but can happen with chrome and other apps.

(Also it would be of great help if split screen allowed videos to be playing in landscape which as far as I can tell is impossible).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zuparicsi
Visitor

I had the same.

I rotated the phone, but the content of the screen did not rotate 80% of the times.

I needed to push the power button to lock the phone then unlock it with my fingerprint and then it rotated.

Happened with multiple apps (Chrome, Youtube, Album etc.).

A simple restart helped.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Zuparicsi
Visitor

I had the same.

I rotated the phone, but the content of the screen did not rotate 80% of the times.

I needed to push the power button to lock the phone then unlock it with my fingerprint and then it rotated.

Happened with multiple apps (Chrome, Youtube, Album etc.).

A simple restart helped.

pressefr
Contributor

I think it's because it doesn't have a real full 9 axis gyroscope. It has some sort of version maybe 3-axis as on some apps gyro does actively work like on Honkai Impact, but not on PUBG definitely. 

The sensor prob doesn't notice the speed you are rotating the phone, only just the orientation compared relative to the earth.

Have you opened your Google Maps yet, and done the whole figure 8 adjustment?

But actually I've used several mid-range Sony phones with no full gyroscope; you haven't yet run into this, but while traveling you'll be running in circles because it the phone doesn't know its own orientation plus GPS at times.

Titin123
Visitor

Bonjour,

J'ai effectivement ce problème quand je mets par exemple un programme en mémoire, tel que le N qui apparaît sur le bureau en haut à droite, ou le réveil qui doit me réveiller tous les matins . Je pense qu'il doit y avoir un problème logiciel car ce problème  je ne l'avais pas avec mon précédent xperia xa ultra. Peut-être je me trompe, mais quelqu'un peut-il me donner la raison réelle de ce problème . Merci pour la réponse  

Hello,

I actually have this problem when I put for example a program in memory, such as the N that appears on the desk at the top right, or the alarm clock that will wake me up every morning. I think there must be a software problem because this problem I did not have with my previous xperia xa ultra. Maybe I'm wrong, but can someone give me the real reason for this problem. thank you for the answer

gt

Titin123
Visitor

C'est quoi cette traduction, ce n'est pas ce que j'ai dit exactement. Je pense à un problème logiciel, je n'avais pas ce problème avec mon précédent xperia xa ultra . En fait ce problème apparaît quand on met une action en mémoire et qui donc apparaît sur le bureau en haut à droite, tel que le N ou le réveil ou tout autre programme. C'est ce que j'ai constaté. Merci pour la réponse . 

What this translation is not exactly what I said. I am thinking of a software problem, I did not have this problem with my previous xperia xa ultra. In fact this problem appears when we put an action in memory and so that appears on the desktop in the upper right, such as the N or the alarm clock or any other program. That's what I found. Thank you for the answer .

gt

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@Titin123

Would you be so kind to translate your texts into English.

Use translate.google.com

ToiletCleaner
Visitor

Im having the same problem on my Xperia 10 plus. in the home setting I have the allow home screeen rotation off. in the display settings I have the auto-rotate screen on, So. im in the home screen and looks normal, once I open any app or setting. the screen rotate.

I turn off the auto rotate in both settings but now I open youtube and I play any video. the screen does not rotate. I need to play the video on full screen so it can rotate. 

amber_ketch
Visitor

The auto screen rotation is unstable.

I have turned on the feature from setting, but it is not working correctly.  For example, the home screen does not rotate as I turn the device horizontally.  Some of the apps have the same issue.  Sometimes, it will automatically turn horizontally.  This is very ignoring.  I don't know if it is Android 9 or Sony Xperia 10 Plus issue.  Either way, they need to fix this problem. 

Don't know if anyone has the same problem on the screen rotation.

amber_ketch
Visitor

While playing videos on YouTube, it seems working correctly as it requires to maximize the screen to active the rotation and can tilt the screen in horizontal position. It just some of the apps aren't working correctly.  Not even the home screen working correctly.  I have the same issue on s6 edge.  Can't make it horizontally on the home screen. I may think it is android needs to have an update on this?

I don't know if Xperia 1 has this issue.  Does anyone has Xperia 1 to find out if their screen rotation is working correctly?

amber_ketch
Visitor

I have both the home screen rotate and under Settings with the screen rotate turned on.  The home screen rotates but the live wallpaper doesn't.  No problem on watching YouTube. Screen rotation is not working correctlyScreen rotation is not working correctly

Live wallpaper doesn't rotate in the horizontal position😕