Join now - be part of our community!

Google Play system update stuck on 1st February (Xperia 10 III)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
SpitfireMk

Google Play system update stuck on 1st February (Xperia 10 III)

While trying to update it, it asks me to reboot the system. When I do so, it reboots for a second time on its own and when I check the Google Play system version it didn't change.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.GB.title
mkerk8
Explorer

Also received the update today and can confirm that it resolved  the issue also in my case!  

profile.country.GB.title
BritSparky

Can I ask how you got it? Manually or automatically? And WiFi or mob data?

profile.country.GB.title
dven1000
Explorer

Still not received the update. 

What I have received though, is an email to reassure me that my case is being handled by 'our highest technical department'!

profile.country.GB.title
mkerk8
Explorer

Notification popped up on its own this morning. Download over wifi was very quick, but it sure took its time to install. Just a single restart required. I have not noticed anything different so far, other than the green goodness of all labels under Security (after also installing the Google play services update that is).    

EDIT: I am sure it will be offered to you as well soon, it's probably a staged roll out or could depend also on the provider 

profile.country.GB.title
SpitfireMk

I just woke up this morning and the available update notification was already there.

I'm from Spain, could it be some kind of gradual release based on the country? I don't think it should take too long before everyone gets it.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

They know this is a know issue , so this update will be rolled to all the devices but the time of releasing the update differs from each device to another.

Edit: so that last update solved the Google play system update issue and you managed to download the update just fine ?

profile.country.GB.title
BritSparky

Happy to report that I was offered the security update this morning, and was also able to then correctly update the play store security to the latest. I've also noticed that another slightly annoying bug of the device phone number messages / settings / advanced was being deleted on reboot. The update process took about 20 minutes from start to finish.

Case closed, for me at least.Screenshot_20210715-051758.png

profile.country.GB.title
dven1000
Explorer

Yep, same here. All okay now.

Thanks OP for opening this thread.