Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 iii Spare Parts?

profile.country.GB.title
BritSparky

Xperia 10 iii Spare Parts?

The SIM tray on the Xperia 10 iii is extremely fragile plastic, as I have found out to my cost.

I removed it to fit a new SIM, replaced it and the outer cover snapped off. I've contacted Sony for a replacement but they have said they don't directly supply spare parts. Instead I was directed to SBE in Ashford, Kent (approved repair shop) who also said they don't supply spare parts. Instead they said I had to send the whole device minus SIM cards ( which I can't do as I can't now pull the tray out ) at my expense, they would charge me £25 plus parts to then fit a new SIM tray which is totally ridiculous.

I've searched eBay etc to no avail, but have at least been given the part number by Sony...503053801

Does anyone in the UK know of any original parts suppliers? Tried my local phone shop but they were of no use.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
BritSparky

My nearest Sony centre wanted £25 + parts + postage to fix it. I managed to find some genuine ones on ebay for £8 each (got two just in case )

I managed to extract the broken one plus sims with a dentists pick tool in a couple of minutes.