Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 Plus -no sound on calls

Daved13
Visitor

Xperia 10 Plus -no sound on calls

Hi, I cant hear anything on phone calls unless I use the speaker.  Any ideas or should I just return the phone.  

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Daved13 

were you able to hear anything when you first got the phone or is this a new issue? 

have you restarted the phone? 

Daved13
Visitor

Hi, thanks for responding.  It's a new phone, worked fine for two weeks.   I rebooted a couple of times.  Tried clearing cache in the app. I tried switching between speaker and back, no luck.  Might be over between us already! 

Daved13
Visitor

Thanks for the quick response.   I got the phone two weeks ago and it worked fine.   Todau when I made calls I couldn't hear anything unless I switched to speaker.   I tried reboot twice, clearing cache, force stop.   Nothing worked. Is it over already?

Thanks, Dave

Jonas
Master

Hi @Daved13, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Is the ear speaker working if you perform the test in the Support application in your device? You can find the test in Settings > Support > Xperia tests (bottom right corner) > Ear speaker/media, depending on the version of the application.

You can also do the test while the device is rebooted in safe mode, just to make sure that no downloaded application is the cause of this as they are temporarily deactivated in safe mode.

Let us know how it goes! Slightly_smiling_Face

Daved13
Visitor

Thanks for the tips on the testing options.  No success but here is what I tried:

1. Used test diagnostics on 10 Plus.  Speaker worked fine, ear speaker nothing.

2. Restarted in safe mode as suggested - still nothing

3. Pulled out and reenterd SIM card - nothing

4. Dialed *#*#7378423#*#* - interesting, but test still failed

5. Headphones - works fien when plugged in, but ear speaker still not working

I think I am out of ideas.  Thanks all for your efforts.

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Daved13 and sorry to hear that there has been no change. Slightly_frowning_Face

The next step is to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion, just to make sure that the software isn't the cause of this.

Keep in mind that this will delete all data stored on the internal storage of your device, so make sure that you have photos and so on backed up to your Google account and you can restore this backup during the start-up guide.

To back up your data to Google Drive

1. Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Backup.
  2. Tap the switch beside Back up to Google Drive to turn the feature on.
  3. Tap Account, then choose a Google account to use.
  4. Tap OK > DONE.

If there is no change after the software repair has been completed, the device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will assist you further with having it sent in.

Feel free to keep us posted!