Join now - be part of our community!

Can't register my new Xperia 5 II XQ-AS52 online

profile.country.IE.title
Michelle.JK
New

Can't register my new Xperia 5 II XQ-AS52 online

I can't register my new product Xperia 5 II XQ-AS52 online https://www.sony.ie/mysony/product/register -- there's no choice but tablets only under the Mobile Phones & Tablets category, and model XQ-AS52 the system can't locate (?!?!). So much so for a brand new Sony pride machine! The Customer Service
customersupport.en@eu.sony.com is still "investigating" my numerous times raised issue (Sony Support Email 21488187 of 09/DEC/2020)- for two months already instead of promised 2 days initially. At least they tried to reply earlier, but it is complete silence now. Hopeless situation. I need to extend the warranty as well as to receive updates, news, etc. Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Are you sure that you're registering your phone on the Sony mobile website, check this link: https://account.sonymobile.com/en-GB/#/signin

profile.country.IE.title
Michelle.JK
New

Thanks, I'm using it now. Just it creates a mess with multiple sony websites to log in: forum, phones, TVs, you name it - all on separate sites and logins. Is it worth it, in the end? It was neatly all in one place before, some 5-10 years ago. And this sonymobile site looks and feels like a joke: connected to nothing from your overall account, no pictures nor explicit options (like checking your warranty, s/n, software updates, services, related info, etc.), only an odd newsletter to sign up for. It took me a month actually molesting CS to confirm that my warranty is 2 years (hurray!!!), and I thought it's 1 year only... Is this what one could expect from such Sony brand buying a phone for €1k? Pathetic.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yes true, it was only one website for all the devices before, but they've decided to make kinda of an individual website for Smartphones. But i believe they're all linked eventually to the same website. For the warranty i think it is the same for all smartphones that they have 2 years warranty since the purchase date. 

profile.country.IE.title
Michelle.JK
New

Yes, hopefully. What's most suspicious that the website doesn't even verify your s/n, you may put whatever you wish and it will still register your phone. Register and then delete it - you can keep doing it all day long, the system won't blink! By the way, do you know what's warranty for the headset WH-XB900N, year or two? Thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I believe it's one year for all headphones.

profile.country.IE.title
Michelle.JK
New

Thanks. Seeing is believing, and I don't see no official confirmation nowhere. Hold on tight, CS, Michelle is coming to molest you again over my headset warranty confirmation! Wouldn't it be peaceful for everyone to find this info on the website? Japanese people are so scrupulous, hence I think this info mess happens when it handed over to Europeans hands. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I believe these information are available on Sony website for each device individually along with the manual of the devices.