Join now - be part of our community!

Ear proximity sensor problem on brand new Xperia 5 III

profile.country.RU.title
Rusorthodox
Explorer

Ear proximity sensor problem on brand new Xperia 5 III

Hi. During calls my screen is switching on and off even if I slightly move it near the ear. So I press the icons with my cheek.

How can I tune the sensor to make the screen to be rock-colid off during calls as I had on my old Xperia from 2016?!

Be the way - no glass, film or case on the phone. Nothing interfere with the sensor other than my ear as it sould be.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GR.title
lukasito2011
Explorer

I probably had that in my old Xperia SP.

profile.country.RU.title
Rusorthodox
Explorer

Hi, how did you solve the problem?

profile.country.RU.title
Rusorthodox
Explorer

Heh, nothing

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

unfortunately, there are no settings on the mobiles mainly to adjust or control the ear proximity sensor and it is sensitive unfortunately.

But to make sure it's not a fault, did you try the ear proximity sensor test from the support app?

profile.country.RU.title
Rusorthodox
Explorer

Yes, it passed the test ok. It seems to me that the angle sensivity of the  sensor is not sufficient for stable keep the screen off.

And there is not enough settings to resolve the bug or adjust the sensivity, or simply block the screen during the phone call or Whatsapp or MSTeams call. At least I do not know where I should find it in the settings.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yeah, there is not really any settings for that. It should work normally with no issues as long as there is an ongoing call.

Midtown99
New

I have this problem too. It happens a lot. My speaker keeps getting turned on and it's very annoying. Sony needs to fix this with a software update.

profile.country.RU.title
Rusorthodox
Explorer

True story

Hope Sony knows already about this bug and working on it

Piscie
Community Team

Hello @Rusorthodox & @Midtown99, try clearing the Phone app's cached data by tapping Settings - Apps - Phone App - Storage - Clear Cache & Data. You can also tap Uninstall Updates from the Phone app in settings then restart your phones and check again. Hope it works!