Join now - be part of our community!

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

DeepShip
Visitor

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

I hold my xperia 5 on my left hand, and is a mission to register m y left hand finger, and when it does it just work like 50 of times.

Is this a phone quality issues or am I doing sth wrong?

62 REPLIES 62
profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

For last week it's working on 95% of the time. It's not quick and sometimes I need to press not only touch the FP especially when I use original Xperia back cover

Googam
Visitor

Hello,

I have problem with my fingerprint sensor on my Xperia 5.

It takes 7-10 tries to unlock the phone, but mostly I can’t even open the phone with the fingerprint scanner at all. (The error messages are: Not recognized; could not process fingerprint, please try again. Sometimes it says something with "partial fingerprint" or "unrecognized fingerprint".
I tried rebooting the phone, recalibrating the fingerprint with the wizard and then rebooting again. Nothing seems to help with the poor performance of the scanner. I also tried getting more scans of just one more finger (this solution happens to be even more bad, but in this case i get it.). FYI, my thumb is not moist or oily, same thing applies for the scanner.

My model: EU distribution J9210
Android version: 9
Build Number (last OTA): 55.0.A.11.25.

Could this be resolved with software update? I would be unhappy to return this phone because overall my experience with it is very good.

Please feel free to contact me for more informations, thank you.

Have a nice day,

Jakub

Cassanata99
Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue since yesterday. For the first 2 weeks, the fingerprint scanner worked flawlessly. Since yesterday, however, it's become increasingly temperamental. 

It very rarely accepts my prints the first time. I usually have to wipe down the surface for it to work and, even then, it only works the one time before I have to repeat the process. Both my finger and sensor are not unreasonably dirty/sweaty/oily so I'm not sure what's going on.

I've even tried re-registering my finger but it hasn't helped. Is this a hardware or software issue?

profile.country.GB.title
darrenj11

The fingerprint reader is doing my head in,we need a response From Sony asap.

Nukeproof2018
Visitor

I absolutely agree to everything I'm almost always rejected and left putting the code or memorable word for payment apps . Never had a problem with the xz premium so I'd go towards software problem ! Hope they fix when I believe we get android 10 in Dec ,?!

sidspacewalker
Visitor

Hi Team,

I bough my Xperia 5 a couple of weeks ago and now the fingerprint sensor won't recognise my fingerpritns and locks me out for taking too many attempts.

I have tried restarting the phone, cleaning the sensor, recalibrating the sensor but nothing has changed.

Any help?

Valb21
Visitor

Hum... 

Are you sure that you are using the sensor correctly ? 

Because, for me, you have to slide your finger vertically on the sensor (and not just put your finger on it. Since i'm doing it, i havn't any problem).

However i can say that this fingerprint system is slower than other i tested. Maybe it could be faster with an update ? 

Really Sony this smartphone is great but you should make more investisment on the software team ;). 

Regards,

Z5thebest
Visitor

Any news afte android 10 update, guys? I am pretty positive this must be a software issue as I run the Xperia test and it detects the touch on 99.9999%... I tried to register one finger multiple times. For month it worked perfectly, but this weekend it started to be unresponsive... I do not know, maybe because of the winter. I tried to set up the fingers once again. It seemed to work. However, I then had to set the fingerprints again for the banking up (security reasons) and it once again became unpresponsive upon unlocking the phone. That is a funny thing since it happened me when I bought the phone...

Valb21
Visitor

Karma time : 

I've the same problem since 2 days... After and before the android 10 update. 

I'll call sony tomorow... It seem like a malfunction...

profile.country.US.title
JohnW1981

Thats interesting as I'm thinking of taking the plunge but this fingerprint scanner thing is putting me off. Do you mean to swipe it like how the old galaxy ones worked (they were a downward swipe as I recall)?