Join now - be part of our community!

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

DeepShip
Visitor

Finger print not sensitive xperia5

I hold my xperia 5 on my left hand, and is a mission to register m y left hand finger, and when it does it just work like 50 of times.

Is this a phone quality issues or am I doing sth wrong?

62 REPLIES 62
Morto
Visitor

Also just ran fingersprint test in servcie menu. Guess what? Scanner not ok!

ply17410
Visitor

Morto,

What service center (country) did the work?  Service Menu still reporting Not OK would have me furious!

Bob H

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I just deleted all FP's and scanned them again.

Guess what? It's functioning much better now.

Morto
Visitor

Can't recall off the top of my head (can check and report back) but the plot thickens. I called the service centre and they told me that they had been advised by Sony that the Maintenance test was faulty and would always report as faulty when it wasn't. I must admit my phone is a bit better since it was returned however how i'm getting an issue where it intermittently freezes and apps are unresponsive. Same for teh scanner. I'll unlock using the scanner (confirmed by hepatic feedback) but the screen remains black for 5-10 secs. Basically teh phone has been behaving bizarrely. It's sad but i'm tempted to retrun for  refund and get a diff phone. I've been with Sony for almost teh last 10 years but it's clear th 5 was not ready and is buggy as heck. Last time I pre-order a phone

Yekollu
Contributor

When i called the customer service, they claimed they have not received any complaints about FPS so far Face_with_tears_of_Joy

ply17410
Visitor

Morto,

Good info.  I can tell you I went into the store where I bought mine and checked the service menu on the phones (Xperia 1 and Xperia 10) that are on display and they reported:  Sensor OK

My wife's phone (Xperia 10), also shows OK.  From the exterior it looks like the sensor is the same between the two phones.

My Xperia 1 which hardly ever detects fingerprint correctly reports Sensor NOT OK.

Bob

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

I've got my Xperia 5 from service and for  the first two weeks it worked flawlessly. Now it's not working perfect as it used to be but the only option to make it work every time is to use your thumb twice - first you slide your thumb on the reader then you use your thumb second time just to put the thumb on scanner. Or you can just put you thumb twice on the scanner. I think it's just that the scanner isn't always activated and it activate when it recognize warm. But you need to hold for a second the thumb on the scanner. I think it's software fault

ply17410
Visitor

I have an Xperia 1 but am adding this since the problem is also widespread on the Xperia 5.

I installed update Build 55.1.A.3.49 yesterday.  AT&T in the USA.  Before installing I did service menu check and fingerprint sensor still reported Sensor Not OK    *#*#7378423#*#*

Installed the update, and now it shows Sensor OK

Will do a couple restarts and check again tomorrow.

Sensor STILL DOES NOT WORK RELIABLY!   Removed all previous fingerprints and re-registered, did not help.

Bob H

echoo
Visitor

Real life hack that works. Scan a finger,then scan same finger again. 3 scans on the same finger should do perfect job . You have 5 scans memory. Sensor is having good resolution,so 

Scan one finger 3 times and save it. Great job. Thank you!

VOsHuZIn
Visitor

This is very strange that only the Xperia 5&1 have this problem. and suggest us record same finger to make it work better.

But the main function should not be like this. They have to fund the result and give us feedback. Not just hide inside and prentend nothing happens.