Join now - be part of our community!

Intermittent crackling in speaker

Djb59
Visitor

Intermittent crackling in speaker

I have had intermittent crackling in the speaker of my Xperia 5, when I play music in both the mobile speaker and if I play music through headphones/headset, I have to reboot the mobile to stop it, it has just recently started. Any suggestions would be great

6 REPLIES 6
Jrnr
Visitor

Yes have the same issue on medium to high volume on the speaker, a restart reduces the noise, but I think it's still there.

Edit: I think disabling Dolby Atmos fixes the issue but come on Sony...

Djb59
Visitor

Thanks

profile.country.RU.title
arutyun-akopov

I have the same issue In the upper speaker

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi, you can try the speakers test from the support app and check the result , and then enable the safe mode on your device and check if the same thing will happen or not. If the issue persist in the safe mode , you'll need to go for software repair and then repair if the issue remains. If the issue got resolved in the safe mode, that means that one of the downloaded apps on the device is causing the issue and it needs to be uninstalled from the device for the issue to be resolved.

profile.country.RU.title
arutyun-akopov

I did everything. It's software or hardware problem. Tests can't show this problem. Crackling appears and disappears any time

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

If you've done the software repair by the Xperia Companion and it didn't work, you need to contact Sony to repair your device.