Join now - be part of our community!

Latest update - Build 55.2.A.4.229 Fingerprint sensor

profile.country.GB.title
Lmafudd
Explorer

Latest update - Build 55.2.A.4.229 Fingerprint sensor

Hi all.

My Xperia 5 updated yesterday to Build 55.2.A.4.229 and now the Fingerprint Sensor has completely stopped, as if it doesn't exist.

Am I alone in this or have others experienced the same? Phone is a 17 months old and has performed flawlessly until this. Vodafone want me to send it away for ten days but I am certain that it only happened after the update.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there,

Try to perform software repair by the Xperia Companion on your device. Also, do not forget to backup your data before doing that.

If that did not work with you, contact Sony to arrange a repair service for your phone.

profile.country.GB.title
Ollsbols

If a reset does not work contact Sony. Vodafone are terrible. Sony will arrange repairs and get it back to you. They will replace the scanner with a new one. In the UK it took about 4 days from sending it to getting it back.

profile.country.GB.title
Lmafudd
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I have discovered a Sony Tech article that warns of this issue after upgrading. They're working on a fix I believe and hope!

Regards,

Charles

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Hey there perhaps I can help

An analogy goes as follows:

A bad computer engineer will always format and reinstall windows as a first resort.

A good one will only do it as a last resort after trying EVERYTHING else first.

Same with installing Xperia Companion and doing a repair there as it doesn't teach you anything.

The way I solve this issue (on my Xperia 1 and 5 mark 1) is simply to enter finger print manager and DELETE all fingerprints listed, then start again. Add the first one, then add the same finger as a 2nd reading and a third.

That solves the problem, I do this as a matter of course after every software update.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
cccbadr

same thing my Friends

profile.country.GB.title
Lmafudd
Explorer

Took three forced restarts just to get the Fingerprint Reader recognised but I have followed your instructions and so far so good! Thanks for the advice GilgameshUK

bibeglimbu
Explorer

My finger print has stopped working. I formatted it then it worked for like a few times and then stopped working again. Is the hardware broken or is this a software thing?

profile.country.GB.title
Lmafudd
Explorer

Now had another update to Build 55.2.A.4.268 Initially all good, for about 12 hours then the fingerprint sensor stopped again. My wife has identical phone and she hasn't upgraded as I warned her about me issue and her sensor still works perfectly.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there,

If your device is up to date, try to perform software repair by the Xperia Companion

If that didn't work, contact Sony for repair to solve the issue.