Join now - be part of our community!

Notifications staying on screen too long

profile.country.GB.title
Sioux67
New

Notifications staying on screen too long

My new Xperia 5 has been a pain for lots of issues.. notification of an act performed staying on screen far too long..

I added contacts to home screen initially by dragging from contacts. Once there I get the notification that it's been done.and it stays there covering the lower part of my screen for at least 30 seconds!! 

My XZ2 went off in about 2-3 

I also deleted some from the home screen, changed info on them then tried to reapply to the home screen but was informed already on home screen!! In the end I had to go through...tap a spare space on home, add from app and choose a contact ..what a waste of time.

My volume is random 

My phone conversations are glitchy with sound cutting out and crackling.

I'd go back to my XZ2 if I could but I gave it to my mother.

I've had xperias for years and this is the worst one yet.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Sioux67  did you manage to install something on the device? Some of the issues mentioned look like a 3rd party app is causing up.

It could be also that your phone is defective.

Can you share some of the issues somehow? Maybe record, take screenshots.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Sioux67
New

Hi Alexdon

I have installed various apps from my old device ..also a Sony Xperia.. 

The lag is still happening but I have managed to get my contacts on my home screen.

I'm still not happy with the phone though ..the sound during calls is shockingly awful...

Time to speak to Sony I think 

Thanks for your reply 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Sioux67 you should update the phone to the latest build available and let it settle, use it for a couple of chargings. Also contacting Sony directly or maybe checking one of their centres (if near one) could be wise. 

alexdon