Join now - be part of our community!

Telephoto camera skipping

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Telephoto camera skipping

Hey, I've just got back my Xperia 5 from service. When I use telephoto camera in first few seconds is ok then it skips one time and viewfinder is moved a little bit (but it's not move like focusing and lens moving forward and backward) and then and it's ok. Is this normal?

And additional thing when you shakes your phone you hear very loud that something is moving. But it's quite loud

9 REPLIES 9
Jrnr
Visitor

Yes , if the light is low. It will use the other lens. It happens in tricky lighting conditions.

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

I've never seen lens changing with bounce/jump. It skips only one time in the beginning. It's visible on attached video from second 6.

Xperia 5 telephoto video

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Some of you have same problem? And when you're shaking the phone it's clearly hearable that something inside shakes. I think it shouldn't be so loud

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Sounds from the lenses are normal behaviour.

Yekollu
Contributor

You should not be hearing the sounds. For all its faults, Xperia 5 has a really good build and you should not be hearing any sounds when shaking the phone

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

I took it again to service. They checked everything and reinstalled the software. I'll upload another video to you later how the telephoto skips. 

VaioXperia
Visitor

Try to activate the telephoto by pinching to zoom with two fingers, instead of the 2x dedicated button and compare. Xperia 5 has a smart switch between the camera's, when light is good it will switch to telephoto automatically when zooming in. When light gets bad, it switches automatically to the main camera.

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17xewYjOWW6Vhv3N29ZEVYKLCMAE8iXA6/view?usp=drivesdk

Here is the video how the problem look like. Anyone has similar effect? I've left the phone at the service and they said there are no problems with the phone after they've checked it. I'm wondering if it's software or hardware problem.

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Never mind about skipping... Maybe no other person have it. But do you guys have problems with telephoto to get focus? Many of pictures taken by telephoto are blurred. Wondering if anyone have same problem?