Join now - be part of our community!

Where is the Sony email app and Xperia Actions?

Yekollu
Contributor

Where is the Sony email app and Xperia Actions?

Bought this phone and then i realised that two of the xperia features that i use extensively are missing... Both the Sony email app and the Xperia Actions. Are they hiding somewhere in the settings or have Sony stopped supporting them as well Slightly_frowning_Face

And the Fingerprint sensor is another nightmare, any fix for that?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

The email app is gone.

Actions isn't supported any more, and as for the fingerprint sensor, there are topics on it

Asche
Visitor

News about the email app: https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_drops_support_email_app_amazon_photos-news-39988.php As for the XperiaActions, unfortunately, they took it out as well, I have been using that since my Xperia XZ, which is still alive and kicking to this day.
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Yekollu

As @RottenFoxBreath mentioned, Xperia Actions was discontinued with the release of Xperia XZ3 and the Sony Email app is not supported in Xperia 5 and onward, and is not available on Google Play for these products. You can instead use the Gmail app, the Outlook app or other 3rd party email applications of your choice.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this might cause, but I hope that answered your question! 

Yekollu
Contributor

I would not be asking this question if I was happy with Gmail/outlook or any other 3rd party app Winking_Face They don't even come close to Sony's email app (esp sync with Calendar and subfolders) except perhaps for Nine.

With Sony discontinuing all these apps and claiming 5's camera is similar to 1 and not mentioning that they have not implemented the Slo-Mo.... I could have very well bought a Pixel ....
Everything that set apart Sony's from other phones is gone now

Asche
Visitor
PauluaP1
Visitor

Hello Xperia-Friends

Yesterday in the evening I got my new Xperia 5. One of the First things that I noticed was that there was no mail app.

That's my 4th Sony mobile. The other 3 have/had a mail app, also with Android 9.

How to get the original mail app to Xperia5?

Thx before. Greeting.

Asche
Visitor
Jonas
Master

Hi @PauluaP, welcome to our forum!

From Xperia 5 and onwards, the Mail application is no longer pre-installed.

Depending on what kind of Email you use, you can use the Gmail application, the Outlook application (@hotmail, @live.com and so forth), download an application from the Google Play store or follow the instructions given by @Asche (thank you).

For me personally, the normal Mail application lacked some important settings for me so I always used a third party one from the Google Play store.

I hope that answers your question!

Rod_
Visitor

I don't know about Xperia Actions, sorry. I just came back to Sony from my previous ZTE Axon 7. 

Ever since the email app on the ZTE got canned with an update I have been using a very highly reviewed 3rd party email mail app from the Playstore called Edison and totally loving it for it's loading and refreshing speed, customisable side swipes, etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.easilydo.mail

I don't imagine many people not liking it. It's better than any proprietary one I've ever used and I was quite an Android early adopter.