Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 availability

Jonas
Master

Xperia 5 availability

Hello everyone and thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 5! Slightly_smiling_Face

The Xperia 5 will be available from October 2019 and is available to pre-order from next week (week 37) in select markets across Europe, bundled with the WF-1000XM3 truly wireless Noise Cancelling headphones.

For availability in your market, please visit your Local Sony Mobile website at www.sonymobile.com/products/phones.

Make sure to select your local page by clicking the country selector at the bottom left of the page.

33 REPLIES 33
amd_2012
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for the information.  I really like this time Xperia phone. But unfortunately Xperia is not available in my country. I live in Sri Lanka. But I am really disappointing about the product availability. I hope sony will do some international shipping someday.   

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

I have the xperia 1

Was going to buy the X5 for my wife, however she wants the red one.

Which crazy guy decided not to sell the red phone in the UK? Lost a sale here and that red would be hugely popular.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Agreed, the red looks so lush.

Jonas
Master

@amd_2012, you're very welcome.

I can't do much about the product availability I'm afraid as those decision are made up by people way above my pay grade and since we do not offer international warranty and the specific device has to be launched in the market where you want it serviced, I'm not quite sure that international shipping would help that much.

Even when you import the device that is not launched in the country where you are situated, you will not be able to use operator specific services such as VoLTE and Voice over Wi-Fi and you will have to send the device to the country where it was bought, so it's a lot of hazzle. Slightly_frowning_Face

@GilgameshUK, that's a shame. Slightly_frowning_Face

We are lucky here in the Nordics as we get the 3 best colours, at least according to me (Black, Blue and Red) and we don't get the grey one, which I personally don't fancy that much.

I really have no idea how it works when it's decided which colours should be available in certain markets, but I do remember my friend in the UK said that some colour was exclusive to a certain retailer in the UK for the Xperia XZ3, if I'm not mistaken. Might have been the green or the red one.

Not sure if this is the case for the red Xperia 5 though as the colour is not mentioned on the UK website at all.

Hopefully you can turn the wife around and tell her how awesome the blue one is, but usually when someone has decided they want a specific colour, they won't change their mind.

@RottenFoxBreath, agreed!

I do really like the blue one as well, but there is something about the red colour which makes it really pop and stand out from the rest.

I remember the XZ Premium that was launched in a few countries in a red colour and it looked stunning, however that colour was never released in the Nordics..

I think they best option is to get in touch with the Local support team in your market (I assume it's the UK) and see if they have any information regarding to why the red colour is not available there, because I don't have this information, not even for the Nordics.

Have a great day everyone!

amd_2012
Visitor

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.  I am really sad that Sony is not available in Asia and my country. So I can buy Huawei or Nokia from here. Thats so sad.i hope Sony will give international warranty like Apple.

Jonas
Master

Hi @amd_2012, you're very welcome and I understand that it's not fun having to buy a device from a different brand when you really want a device from a specific brand but it's not available.

I can see that the Xperia 5 is listed on the Taiwanese website and will be able available there if that helps you in any way, but if you buy it from there it will also need to be sent to service there, since a device can't be repaired in a market/country where it's not launched.

amd_2012
Visitor

Hi Jonas

Thanks for the reply. I will check it. but I don't think they will ship it to my country. if someone comes from there can buy it I think. My bro bought Xperia z5 in 2015 from Singapore. That one work really well.  Now he changed it to Huawei mate 30 pro coz sony is not available here. I can understand that if something happens to my device its really difficult process to get the warranty or repair. I still using my Xperia z1 as my main phone because of its so compact and great device. Hope if sony will consider the international warranty like apple care. In my country, VOLTE or VOwifi is only working with Huawei, Samsung and apple. So that's not a big issue for me for now. Slightly_smiling_Face Anyway thanks again for your help.

SwapXperia
Visitor

Hello Sony Team,

I stay in India, I still use Xperia X dual but it too old now, neither the latest Android OS will be getting updated apart from Security updates.

Can you tell me When will be Xperia 1 or Xperia 5 will get launched in India.?

If not, from where can I purchase so that that it can usable in India.

Regards
Swapnil

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Did you read Sonymobile blog about Xperia 5?

We answer the questions you’ve been asking about the new Xperia 5