Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 availability

Jonas
Master

Xperia 5 availability

Hello everyone and thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 5! Slightly_smiling_Face

The Xperia 5 will be available from October 2019 and is available to pre-order from next week (week 37) in select markets across Europe, bundled with the WF-1000XM3 truly wireless Noise Cancelling headphones.

For availability in your market, please visit your Local Sony Mobile website at www.sonymobile.com/products/phones.

Make sure to select your local page by clicking the country selector at the bottom left of the page.

33 REPLIES 33
Jonas
Master

@amd_2012, you're very welcome and I understand it's not optimal, but that is pretty much the only solution if the device will not be launched where you are situated, but keep in mind regarding the service aspect and warranty.

Hopefully a repair will never be needed, but you never know!

@SwapXperia, hi and thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 1 and Xperia 5.

None of the devices are listed on the website for India, but you can of course double check with the support there, but it usually means that the devices are not planned to be launched there.

For compatibility, the supported bands for the Single SIM and Dual SIM versions can be found below and you can check with your operator which bands they support and if the device needs to be activated in their network, or if it will work any way.

UMTS HSPA+: 2100(Band 1), 1900(Band 2), 1700(Band 4), 850(Band 5), 800(Band 6), 900(Band 8),
800(Band 19) MHz
GSM GPRS/EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
LTE: (Bands 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,17,19,20,25,26,28,29,32,34,38,39,40,41,46,66)

I hope that helps!

Umi12
Visitor

When will xperia 5 launch in pakistan??

What will be it's expected price in pakistan?? 

PDas
Visitor

Hi, Please make the sony mobiles available in Indian market. The fans of sony like me are waiting for your comeback. 

mucinhanoi365
Visitor

how to record a call for this X-5
shovan3977
Visitor

is there any posibility to get sony xperia1 or xperia 5 in india?

or how to import those phone in india???

Yasserhamido
Visitor

Hi everyone . When the Xperia 5 will be available in Saudi Arabia please . Needs date thanx

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

@Umi12Timing and availability will vary by market so I won't be able to tell you exactly when it will be released or if it will be released in Pakistan, since I don't work directly with that market.

If there is a Local support team available there, I would recommend that you get in touch with them as they are the experts on this specific market.

@PDas, I'm not in charge of making those kind of decisions, but I will of course forward the feedback to the relevant department.

Thank you for the kind words! Slightly_smiling_Face

@mucinhanoi365Non-root call recording apps are blocked and will not work on devices running on Android 9.0. This is a Google implementation and works as designed.

I don't know if this will be changed in Android 10 since it's not yet available to any of our devices.

@shovan3977, neither of the devices are listed on the Indian Sony Mobile website, which usually means the device has not been released there, or will not be released.

You can of course double check this with the Support team in India and you can get in touch with them on the link below.

https://support.sonymobile.com/in/contactUs/

Regarding importing, you will need to get in touch with different sellers/retailers and see if the ship to India, but keep in mind that we do not offer a Global warranty and the specific device has to be launched in India for you to have it serviced there within the warranty.

@Yasserhamido, I'm afraid that I don't know the exact release date for all markets, so I would recommend that you check this with your Local support team.

They will provide you with a much more detailed answer than I can.

Thank you all for showing interest in the Xperia 5! Slightly_smiling_Face

Yupe
Visitor

what is the idea behind leaving a particular color in a corner of the world? now, for example, in the Nordic countries will not white) silver become available ??

AdonisDennis
Visitor

@Jonas wrote:

Hello everyone and thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 5! Slightly_smiling_Face

The Xperia 5 will be available from October 2019 and is available to pre-order from next week (week 37) in select markets across Europe, bundled with the WF-1000XM3 truly wireless Noise Cancelling headphones.

For availability in your market, please visit your Local Sony Mobile website at www.sonymobile.com/products/phones.

Make sure to select your local page by clicking the country selector at the bottom left of the page.

its the big news and want to buy the new model asap..........Smiling_Face but this time they need to improve the battery !!!!!!!

Announced2019, September
StatusComing soon. Exp. release 2019, October
Jonas
Master

Hi @Yupe, that is a really good question!

I'm afraid that I don't have a good answer for you, but I saw that there very users from the UK that wanted the red colour which is not available there.

I'll do something more digging as I'm interested in this myself!

@AdonisDennis, I'm glad to hear that! Slightly_smiling_Face

If you are able to charge the device during the day, there is a quick charger included in the box that will charge around 50% in 30 minutes!