Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 availability

Jonas
Master

Xperia 5 availability

Hello everyone and thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 5! Slightly_smiling_Face

The Xperia 5 will be available from October 2019 and is available to pre-order from next week (week 37) in select markets across Europe, bundled with the WF-1000XM3 truly wireless Noise Cancelling headphones.

For availability in your market, please visit your Local Sony Mobile website at www.sonymobile.com/products/phones.

Make sure to select your local page by clicking the country selector at the bottom left of the page.

33 REPLIES 33
Jonas
Master

Hi again @Yupe,

I did some more digging, but I'm afraid that it's extremely market dependant and for the best answer regarding the market you are situated in, I would recommend that you get in touch with the Local support team in your market  and they will be able to provide a much more detailed answer as to why a specific colour is not available there and the reasons for this.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

joek1978
Visitor

available for Verizon?  I'm reading conflicting articles

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Contacting your local Sony would be much reliable better yet call the network

joek1978
Visitor

I did... sony said yes, VZW said not compatible.... hence conflicting reports

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

its probably availble in your region however that specific network doesnt . it might help if you ask other network provider

joek1978
Visitor

Guessing I'll have to wait a month until phones comes out.... I cant get a solid answer from anyone

Jonas
Master

Hi @joek1978,

As far as I can see the device is not listed on the Verizon website, but I don't know if that is because it's not available in the US yet or not.

Have you contacted the Support team in the US again after you received the information from Verizon? They should have a contact person that they can reach out to so you can get a clear answer to your question regarding if it will be available to purchase from Verizon and/or if it will work with a Verizon SIM card if you buy it from another retailer.

Let me know what kind of answer you get and if it still does not answer your question, I'll try and do some digging.

Thanks!

Qwank
Visitor

It looks like only black is available in the United States? Is this true? I really wanted blue. I may have to buy a UK model

Jonas
Master

Hi @Qwank, thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 5! Slightly_smiling_Face

According to the US Sony Mobile website, black is the only available colour, however there is only pre-order available from two different retailers, so I don't know if other colours will be available at more retailers/operators later on.

You can of course double check this with the Support team in the US as they are better informed than I am. On the link below you have their contact information.

https://support.sonymobile.com/us/contactUs/

If you are going to buy the device from the UK, keep in mind that the UK version (J8210) is a different one compared to the US version (J8270) and there is no global warranty.

Let us know if you find out anything more regarding the colours! Slightly_smiling_Face

asghar1978
Visitor

hi

I have same problem to availability for sony phones in iran.