Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 Black Crush /Green /Yellow tinted screen

kurreh
Visitor

Xperia 5 Black Crush /Green /Yellow tinted screen

This green/yellow tint and black crush happened after a month of use. I Sent the phone to service /repair and they changed components and upgraded to Android 10. Everything was great, but now after about 2 - 3 weeks of use, the same effect have started to appear again. Is this the general issue with oled displays?DSC_0001.JPG

IMG_20191125_151105.jpg

fel2_compare_xperia5_sidebyside.JPG

fel1.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
kurreh
Visitor

Can anyone see the pictures? 

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @Kurre ;

The pictures will only be visible after moderators/support staff approve them. 

Regarding the issue you are facing and describing it shouldn't be normal in oled screens, but I can tell you that I already returned two Xperia 1 because it happened to them the same thing you are describing and I don't know what caused it, so definitely I think something is not right. 

Erase
Visitor

hello,

i ve bought an xperia 5 recently, and received it 2 days ago.

i think i m experiencing the same green/yellow tint as seen on your photos.

i would never believe that my old xperia xz2 ips screen would have darker black than xperias 5 oled screen.

on every video i was watching that had dark colours i was seeing this greenish tint and even tried to put side by side the xz2 with the xperia 5 to compare ... then i saw your post.

so is my screen faulty? is this common for all oleds? thanks in advance,

where did you go from there? did you contact sony support?

let me post my pictures

green tint on top and bottom of screen on a totally black wallpaper.green tint on top and bottom of screen on a totally black wallpaper.DSC_0035_BURST20200118083825073.JPGDSC_0039_BURST20200118083825073.JPGDSC_0043_BURST20200118083825073.JPGDSC_0057_BURST20200118083825073.JPG

Yekollu
Contributor

Stop cribbing here.... Nobody is going to help you here in this forum.

Sony support is equally useless, your best bet would be to return the phone

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Yellow/green tint is normal for OLEDS 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ but on Samsung or iPhone OLEDS it's less visible. Because they have better panels. Anyway I was so disappointed when I got OLED phone and I think LCDs are much better. OLED screen also change their colours depending of screen brightness... So you must deal with that.

But the pictures from first post is saying that you need to take it to service. I can't see the new photos @erase

Erase
Visitor

they prolly need to be seen/approved by a moderator..

are the forums being moderated during weekends?

Erase
Visitor

can you see the pictures now?

kurreh
Visitor

Hi. Now I can see them, looks like the same issue as for my Xperia 5. Have sent my unit for service repair a second time. 

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Yup you should send it to service