Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 screen goes off after a few seconds?

Chiss58
Visitor

Xperia 5 screen goes off after a few seconds?

Can someone tell me how to stop the screen going black after a few seconds. Don't have time to read , write or find anything before it goes black.

4 REPLIES 4
Helmut741
Visitor

I have the same problem. During reading, scrolling or active writing, the screen goes back to the start screen!! Sometimesy the inputs are deleted. I turned off all possible settings. Nothing helps. For writing this post, the app cloded 5 times!! Also writing mails (moved to prewriting folder)... Its horrible to use. Pls fix this bug fast!
Yekollu
Contributor

Go to settings - Display settings and toggle smart backlight control. This should fix the problem...

Also if you are using a screen protector, make sure it is not covering the sensors near the earpiece

Helmut2020
Visitor

I'm sorry ... this dont solve the problem. the once, after this simple change, the desktop deleted all my arranged icons and start with a basic setting 😞

Helmut2020
Visitor

an addittional info: Helmut2020 is Helmut 74, but the Sony App tell me after log in, I need an Alias and Helmut74 was not possible.... At Sony, the Handys work in the same way as the App... Its a shame...