Join now - be part of our community!

xperia 5ii

profile.country.GB.title
Mgm2010
Explorer

xperia 5ii

Hi. Upgraded from an xz3. Whats happened to the audio options? Intelligent wind filter? No equalizer. The sound on the 5 is very poor compared to the 3.. Headphones in particular.No picture album and there's an over reliance of having to use google apps. Flagship handset? Probably going back.

Screenshot_20201016-000646.png

DSC_1489.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @Mgm2010 

in every upgrade of software of sony, they would usually remove settings that might not be used alot by majority of users. however. some of the features is improved for the better. If you use headphones with your device you can use the Headphones app from sony to fine tune your sound experience including the equalizer.

profile.country.GB.title
Mgm2010
Explorer

Thanks for that? Is it this?

Screenshot_20201016-131935.png

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Yes, thats it. you can change sound settings relating to your headphones on that app

profile.country.DK.title
BWJxperia5
New

You have to tick DSEE HX and ClearAudio+ on.

profile.country.DE.title
HIFIveforlive
Explorer

I'am missing the old equalizer of my Xperia X from 2016, too. I own Bose QC 25 abd i was happy with them and my Xperia X. Now i don't like hearing music, because Sony decided to get rid of the old equalizer. And Not everyone wants to buy new headphones by Sony Just because the App ...

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@HIFIveforlive Bose has got its own app for managing their Bluetooth products, perhaps you can find some settings to tune the sound to your liking there? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bose.monet