Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Action Cam HDR-AZ1 Remotley ON?

Sony Action Cam HDR-AZ1 Remotley ON?

Hello.

Recently bought Sony action cam HDR-AZ1 with Live View remote RM-LVR2V for filming when I ride a motorcycle. 
cam is great but missing an important safety feature!

When I need to turn ON Action cam HDR-AZ1 from Live View remote RM-LVR2V is not possible(after 60 seconds). now I have to turn on the cam and remote. . 

is it possibility getting programmed firmware / software so that I can remotely controlled Cam ON from the RM-LVR2V after it has gone 60 seconds ??.. (turn off to save power/battery of course & driving many mile between filming!)

3 REPLIES 3

Hello, i got the same issue i got an answer from Sony Support in Poland that you can try to do this i dont know if it helps becouse i haven't done the resolution yet but i can give you the resolution and if it helps for me i will ping it here in shortly time.

Resolution for this case might be: Try to reset the Remote Controler to do so press at same time MENU, REC/ENTER and Pile Down. 

If this does not help they suggest to update your remote to versjon 1,1 

The Link provided for the update are following: 

1. https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-dime/sony-hdraz1-firmware-update-ver101-win/H...
  1. And for the other remote 2,0 Link provided:
  1. https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-dime/sony-rmlvr2-firmware-update-v2-win/HDR-A...

If this does not help you have to send the remote to the nearest  Sony Service Point.

Best Regards,

Jakob Nordby.

Hello, i got the resolution for this case is the resolution you have to do the following:

1. Connect your Remote to Action camera.

2. click MENU.

3. Move you arrows up down to Remote setting.

4. There will be a SUN Sign on.

5. If the sun sign is set as on please turn it off.

6. Sun Sign is power battery sawing in daily light.

7. Turn off the power battery sawer as 60 secons off as well.

And that should resolve the issue it worked for me.

Please leave a feedback and if i will be possible i will try to do my best to help you.

Best Regards,

Jakob Nordby.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello ,

Teodortuff schrieb:

is it possibility getting programmed firmware / software so that I can remotely controlled Cam ON from the RM-LVR2V after it has gone 60 seconds ??

this is not possible.

The only cameras which support that function are the AS50, AS300 and X3000 and only with the new LVR3 remote.

Sorry to disappoint you.

- Nic