Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cashback "scam" email????

profile.country.GB.title
lynnerack
New

Sony Cashback "scam" email????

My husband has received an email this evening purporting to come from Sony with no title or name on it just my husbands email address and it is not signed.  It informs him that the cashback claim has failed because he had sent in a VAT receipt and not the invoice. We only had an invoice which was scanned and sent.  The email had a link and the writer suggested we followed the link which my husband did not do as the email looks very dubious.  When we claimed the cashback in early January we had trouble sending a photo of the serial number so we phoned Customer Support and we were helped by a gentleman who led us through and got the file sent, he said everything was in order and we would receive our cashback.  My question is: is the email a scam or is it genuine and also there seems to be a lot of people on this site complaining that they have not received their cashback, so is the cashback offer a scam by Sony?  I'm sure John Lewis who sold us the camera would not be very happy if that is the truth??

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Lynnerack,

Welcome to the community.

If you are not sure about the email it may be worth calling Customer support again to check the status of your claim.

Best wishes,

Ed