Join now - be part of our community!

Sony x3000r remote connection

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
SNOOPYREX.99

Sony x3000r remote connection

Hi Nic, Once again I thought I had posted a reply but it doesn’t seem to have appeared when I checked this morning. Hope I will learn to do it properly soon. . X3000r Camera and Remote now charged up and am trying to follow the instructions for connecting the Remote to the camera. I have the instructions opened on my PC in front of me. It states: Open the MENU screen and select  Network Settings > Connection Setting. I have been trying to do this for hours to no avail. The Remote screen opens giving me three pages to make my selection but I just can find the settings required. I’ve searched for the little pictogram shown with no luck.

It’s worth a mention that I’m in my mid 80s and the eyesight not so good, but I’m quite savvy with my computers and video editing.

Appreciate your help and advice. Hope you can help on this one to get me on the right road. Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

sorry that I couldn't upload the video yesterday evening as I said in my last comment - I got cought up in something.

Here is the video:

Both devices had been reset to mimic freshly unboxed devices.

- Nic

View solution in original post

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

you are very welcome, glad I could help you out.

- Nic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

I am currently busy, yet I will upload a video later today where I explain how to connect the camera to the remote.

- Nic

P.S.: I created a new topic from your reply to make it easier to find for other community members who have the same issue.

profile.country.GB.title
SNOOPYREX.99

Thanks Nic for your help. As an aside, I regularly contribute to three different online forums and they are all different in operation. So I am still trying to find my way around this one. Easy when you know how!

Look forward to your video as I'm dying to try out the gear properly.

S

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

sorry that I couldn't upload the video yesterday evening as I said in my last comment - I got cought up in something.

Here is the video:

Both devices had been reset to mimic freshly unboxed devices.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
SNOOPYREX.99

Thanks so much Nic. It worked fine first time. It's so helpful having a visual guide to the simplest of things. Of interest -a lot of my video work is making short demo videos  (like yours) to help others in my own line of business, so I do know the value of video.

Thanks again, it's appreciated. S

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

you are very welcome, glad I could help you out.

- Nic