Join now - be part of our community!

Sony x3000r

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
SNOOPYREX.99

Sony x3000r

I have been given a used X3000r camera. I have charged the camera battery and all seemed OK. However, this morning in 'starting' the camera the red lights flashed for about 30 seconds and then closed down. Have I not done it correctly or os there a problem please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

did you put in the SD card the correct way?

The contacts have to point towards the side of the camera the screen is located.

- Nic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

did you put in the SD card the correct way?

The contacts have to point towards the side of the camera the screen is located.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
SNOOPYREX.99

Thanks for that reply. (I know I replied yesterday but it hasn't appeared here, so I will reply again). That was the correct answer - thanks again. The card was already in the camera and I always thought that a card couldn't be inserted incorrectly??? I know that on my Sony NX3 it can only be inserted the correct way around. Anyhow, problem solved and I'm now busy learning all about this mini marvel.

S

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

glad to hear your issue is now resolved :smiley:

@SNOOPYREX.99@  wrote:

I always thought that a card couldn't be inserted incorrectly???

That is true for most cameras, yet the FDR X3000 let's you to either use the micro-SD or the memory-Stick format for flash memory storage.

To be compatible with both storage media types, the slot is shaped in a way, which allows for SD cards to be inserted the wrong way round.

A little pictogram next to the SD-card-slot shows the correct orientation of either card-type.

- Nic