Join now - be part of our community!

This qr code is not supported (actioncam hdr-as20)

SOLVED
profile.country.UA.title
follllet
New

This qr code is not supported (actioncam hdr-as20)

Hello. I have Sony Actioncam hdr-as20 and smartphome Motorola Droid Mini. I install PlayMemories Mobile App from Play Store and run it (see screenshot 1) I see button "scan QR code of the camera" and i tap it. I have QR code which printed near wi-fi pass on paper of the camera manual.. It is original QR code. After QR code is recognized I have message: "This qr code is not supported" (see screenshot 2).

Question: why?

Screenshot_2016-01-12-11-41-35.pngScreenshot_2016-01-12-11-40-33.png

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi joymac,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I never have much success with the QR code & usually connect manually using the SSID & password..

image.jpeg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Joymac
New

Followed the instructions to set up wi fi. But the QR code is say not supported. Please advise how I can get over this issue 

Joymac
New

My camera is a Sony cyber shot HX60

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi joymac,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I never have much success with the QR code & usually connect manually using the SSID & password..

image.jpeg

Joymac
New

Thank you so much all set up now

Joy

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Joy..

profile.country.GB.title
heynati
New

Hey! I have the same issue with the QR code, and I can connect thru wifi, but this means my phone is no longer connected to my wifi, correct??

id like to use my wifi and my playmemories Mobile at the same time 😞

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@heynati  schrieb:

my phone is no longer connected to my wifi, correct??

id like to use my wifi and my playmemories Mobile at the same time 😞

Hello @heynati,

that is correct - smartphones can not maintain connection to multiple hotspots at once, which means you can't use your home routers wifi while you are connected to the camera.

Connecting via QR-code wouldn't change that, since it is just another way of letting the phone know the passkey of the cameras hotspot.

- Nic