Join now - be part of our community!

A100 DSLR date range expiring

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
sjgarth
Explorer

A100 DSLR date range expiring

Hi,

I have had an A100 since it came out and love it. I know it is old, but I'm skint and can't afford an upgrade.

My issue is that the date range only goes up to 2017 and so after new year the dates will be wrong.

Is there anyway of extending the date range or am I done for.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
sjgarth
Explorer

Well, now i feel stupid. I assure the avid reader that I did try that, numerous times, before I made the original post. I couldn't believe that modern electronics would stop at 2017, but it wouldn't advance at all.

So, of course, using "Sod's Law of Fault Reporting", after raising the issue here, and then raising it again recently, the blooming thing now advances to 2099.

I assure the gentle reader that I am not of low intelligence, and in between my original post and today I have updated the operating system and reset all settings. I vainly hope this is the cause of my apparent stupidness.

Ce La Vie, marked as a dumbo for the rest of my life!!

Problem solved, no need for tech guys to get invovled.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have passed this question onto Sony Support to answer.  Sorry for the delay in responding.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
sjgarth
Explorer

Referre in July, any reply yet?

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

I have escalated your query to the support team so someone should be in touch with you soon.

Cheers,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
joharri97
Explorer

Have you tried advancing the date to 2018 or 2019? I only ask as my Minolta 7D still works with todays date, so maybe nothing to worry about

profile.country.GB.title
sjgarth
Explorer

Well, now i feel stupid. I assure the avid reader that I did try that, numerous times, before I made the original post. I couldn't believe that modern electronics would stop at 2017, but it wouldn't advance at all.

So, of course, using "Sod's Law of Fault Reporting", after raising the issue here, and then raising it again recently, the blooming thing now advances to 2099.

I assure the gentle reader that I am not of low intelligence, and in between my original post and today I have updated the operating system and reset all settings. I vainly hope this is the cause of my apparent stupidness.

Ce La Vie, marked as a dumbo for the rest of my life!!

Problem solved, no need for tech guys to get invovled.

profile.country.GB.title
salopian
New

It happens to us all, and sometimes the equipment seems to have a mind of its own. I`m just glad that for once I found a solution to a problem

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@salopian thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

Just put it down to Gremlins :grin:

I do :wink: