Join now - be part of our community!

a6000 - Filmed footage breaking up

SOLVED
Chris_a6000
Explorer

a6000 - Filmed footage breaking up

Dear Sony Community, hello, great to be here,

Aa a newbie owner of the lovely a6000 compact I've spent a lot of time filming with it.

Alas, i've found a lot of clips (>10%) are corrupted mid shot.  This takes the form of picture breakup and pixel dragging (where the image wipes across the screen).

I've tried various settings and am using Samsung Evo UHS-I U1 SDHC Memory Card (32GB, 48MB/s) which should be more than fast enough.

Has anyone else experiences this type of break up?  I purchased the camera specifcally to film with so hope this can be addressed with a replacement or tweak.

Many thanks,

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_a6000
Explorer

Hello, and thanks for your input & advise :slight_smile:

I've spent some more time trying various solutions, but it turns out the corrpution was coming from Playmemories when exporting the films via it.  I've started taking the .mts files straight off the card and it seems fine.

Why it's doing this?  Not sure, but the main thing is I've a work around and the film quality is great.

Happy snapping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Strange problem!

The speed on the card is hardly ever the write speed...as the read speed is higher, manufacturers prefer to only mention the read speed on the card. So using another card MIGHT help. Worth trying?

Also try using playmemories home to import video...bigger files are chopped into pieces depending on the file size. Playmemories home makes it into one seamless videofile.

Not really a solution for your problem, but worth trying before sending it back to Sony...and if you send it to Sony, docuent everything well to prove your point and show the problem! (even a dvd to show the issue you have helps).

Good luck!

Hello, and thanks for your input & advise :slight_smile:

I've spent some more time trying various solutions, but it turns out the corrpution was coming from Playmemories when exporting the films via it.  I've started taking the .mts files straight off the card and it seems fine.

Why it's doing this?  Not sure, but the main thing is I've a work around and the film quality is great.

Happy snapping!