Join now - be part of our community!

Nex 6 delaminating screen

arrshyan
New

Nex 6 delaminating screen

Hi all

Im new here and unfortunately my first post is a problem.

I have a Nex 6 which up until now i have really enjoyed.

It's 2 years old, roughly, and has started to show the screen dwdelamination problem you see all over the web that is affecting nex series cameras.

Im really disappointed as I have invested a considerable sum in this system as a premium product and consider a fundamental problem like this as a design flaw making the camera not fit for purpose.

Is there a solution?
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Not really except for this:

http://nexblog.be/2013/10/03/geef-je-scherm-een-2e-leven-in-3-eenvoudige-stappen/5932/

But it does NOT work with the NEX-5N (has a touchscreen...) according to a friend of mine who tried. I tried it with succes on the NEX-5.

So be careful and watch closely whether there is a thin foil over your screen. The thin foil is merely anti-reflective...it does not bother me at all without it and my screen looks as good as new :nauseated_face:

Explorer

In past, the NEX 5N sensor touch capacitive used to regularly delaminate. The NEX 6 screen is not touch sensitive, so what would make it to delaminate?  The NEX 5N screen delamination was easily cured by peeling off the top screen layer and placing on glass screen protector [non Sony product, made for NEX 5N] , that could be purchased from Amazon, or Ebay for £3.00.  NEX 5R had resistive touch screen and didn't suffer with this problem.  Peel the top sceen layer corner of with scalpel, or razer blade, then grab the peeled off corner with pliers, whist holding the screen frame down with the other hand and slowly pull the top layer off. Have the glass screen protector ready and drop it gently onto the exposed screen and then press down. The screen delamination on your NEX 6 was probably caused by temperature changes and condensation affecting glue under top screen layer e.g. shooting in cold weather outside and then bringing the camera inside the warm room, without leting it to warm up gradually.