Join now - be part of our community!

a6000 firmware yosemite

profile.country.DK.title
kontrabissen
New

a6000 firmware yosemite

I thought Sony was a first mover company. But how come then, that the firmware updater for yosemite STILL dosn't work? I've spent hours trying, but no luck.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

It may seem a bit strange to say, but mac-support (and in this case Yosemite) has never been Sony's strong point as far as I know. :wink:

Although I agree that Sony should address this at some point, perhaps the fastest and smoothest way is to update your camera using someone elses pc? I know it's not a solution, but it'll help you enjoy your camera :wink:

Same problem here, I've tried emailing Sony support three times they dont even have the good manners to reply. Why have a suppoert service? Just holding off upgrading to A7 mk2 if Sony is not interested in its customers. 

profile.country.DK.title
kontrabissen
New

Hey Floyd

It's a sad thing. The whole Sony brand is about first movers, quality in picture and sound, fun and creativity. Their 'walkman' was the ipod of the eighties and the first playstation set the bar in price vs execution of concept. Their camera line in specs vs price is highly compatible with 'photo brands' like Fuji. 

Anyway: they introduce lines of new and innovative products at a competitive price. But the simple stuff like making a camera easy to update and then buy an app for them to make money.... It's totally ridiculous!

1) They lose status as a first mover brand (who want's only the spec's if you can't use them to their potential unless you wait for months waiting for them to get their act together and releasing updates);

and 2) They are too proprietary. Apple has long ago realized the periphernalia should be standardized along with the introduction of new connectivity standards. So you still have Apple's Thunderbolt alongside (!) USB.

But Sony is like: We make this particular hotshoe, so if you want to connect external mic's to your camera, we give you one choice: ECMXYST1...Because on those cheapo's we don't wan't 1/4 jack connectivity....

Aaargh.....

G-Mack
Explorer

ive just invested into sony too and find out its not compatible with a modern mac!!!!!!

thats like buying a new car, paying for it collecting it and trying to drive it away for the salesman to say," oh we dont have a way of connecting the steering wheel to the wheels yet"

total disgrace sony!!!!!