Join now - be part of our community!

a6000 update to 1.20

SOLVED
Olros43
Explorer

a6000 update to 1.20

I just made the update, necessary or not, with somewhat unwanted result: now the camera seems to make double exposures, according to the sound. I have gone through all menues, but can't find anything that should cause this. On the memory card there is only one picture. 

The Sony support only ask me to send the camera in for a check, but I don't want to be without it for a most uncertain period of time. After all, it seems to work OK.

My question is: can I try to reinstall the 1.20 update again? Or would this cause more trouble? I know it is not possible to revert to an earlier version, but is it possible to overwrite with the same?

Have anybody else had any problems with this update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

There is a menu item something called electronic first curtain shutter or something alike which is usually resonsibly for the double or single curtain. But the update shouldn't have affected that actually...

You might want to check that item! (You are not shooting in iauto, the golden one, right?)

:slight_smile:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi,

This could be normal behaviour. Probably after the update some settings have been changed.

If e.g. a noise reduction is activated the camera will take two pictures to compensate the noise.

Try to change the noise reduction settings and check if the symptom still occurs.

Cheers

PD

profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

There is a menu item something called electronic first curtain shutter or something alike which is usually resonsibly for the double or single curtain. But the update shouldn't have affected that actually...

You might want to check that item! (You are not shooting in iauto, the golden one, right?)

Thank You for answering, PD

But I have already tried this, with no effect.

And if it was normal, the Sony support could have told me so, Though, as
the terms of conditions says, Sony has no responsibility of this "utility",
so that was not to be expected.

Reg
Or
Olros43
Explorer

Thank You Portmixus, You are spot on! Problem solved! 

profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Now you've got version 2.0 :wink: