Join now - be part of our community!

A7III double exposure

profile.country.US.title
ivophotos
New

A7III double exposure

Why is there no multiple/double exposure feature on the Sony A7iii? Fuji, Nikon and Canon can do it. Please add this as a firmware update. I'm considering leaving Sony due to lack of multiple exposure support 😞

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community. 

I will pass your feedback onto the team.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Nederoski
Explorer

PLEASE make this a firmware available update. I purchased the a7iii a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. This camera is the first Sony product I have used after a professional lifetime of Canon equipment. The a7iii excels in so many different areas, especially for me primarily as a videographer who also likes to play around and get creative with photography. The lowlight abilities of this camera for video is incredible, as is the auto-focus. However, the lack of multiple exposures is severely limiting one of my creative outlets. Granted, I can still utilize Photoshop and do these things in post-production, but many cameras today contain this ability in-camera. The a7iii is already strong in so many differenta areas, if your team were able to add multiple exposure to this as well, it would drastically increase its value even further. Thank you for taking the time to read this and consider this change, and thanks for everything else your team did to make the a7iii a truly amazing camera overall.

profile.country.GB.title
Dee-Kumar
New

Hi,

Has this feature been added? because i too would like to experiment with double exposure photography but don't want the hassle of photoshop when i'm on the go. I was thinking of selling my 5d to jump onto sony but now i'm having second thoughts.

Kind Regards,

Dee

profile.country.US.title
ivophotos
New

Is there an upadate on the double exposure feature? When will it be added?

profile.country.GB.title
janbeesley
Explorer

I have had a Sony A7ii since laucnh and absolutely love it.  I want to update to the A7iii, but the thing which is putting me off is the lack of support for Multiple exposures.  Even the Playmemories app in my current camera is lacking as it only allows 2 exposures compared to Canon which allows up to 9.

Photography is becoming more and more about creative expression and this functionality is now essential.

Sony - you are market leaders in so many ways, but you are lagging behind in this respect. 
When will this be sorted?????

profile.country.RU.title
zaskochill

Sony will not add double exposure in the following updates. You can use Photoshop for this.

profile.country.GB.title
janbeesley
Explorer

I know I can do it in post-production, but that lacks the immediacy and creativity of doing it in camera.

This is a serious oversight by Sony.  

I agree. I would like to see multiple exposure functinality added to the a7III.

profile.country.GB.title
patbannonphoto
New

I would really like to see multiple exposure in a firmware! All other cameras can do this!!